American diner Zaks beats lockdown with new takeaway service
The owners of Zaks in Norwich have announced they are re-launching their takeaway service.
Ian Hacon and Chris Carr took over the American diner restaurants in Mousehold, Riverside and Poringland shortly before coronavirus meant they had to close.
They asked customers whether they would support the takeaway service again and following some easing of government restrictions have now announced it will re-start from Mousehold and Poringland from June 3.
Initially, the service will run from Wednesday to Sunday from 2pm-9pm.
“We may ramp this up when we get going,” Mr Carr posted on social media. “We will be introducing an online system next week so you can book in advance and guarantee your slot. I will publish full details early next week on how to do this.
You may also want to watch:
“We are working hard to guarantee this will be a safe process for both you and our team. We will be operating with a small team and therefore there is a limited menu but we think you will still love it.”
He said there would be a vegan, vegetarian and gluten free menu to follow soon.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Charity boss in battle with driver who keeps nicking loading space
- 8 Speed signs to FINALLY be installed at 'accident hotspot'
- 9 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 10 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef
The drive-in takeaway service was being operated by Zaks before closing because of coronavirus – the service ran for about a week.
Customers have already begun to post their delight on social media.
One said: “We are absolutely stoked, this has been my main pregnancy craving for two months.”
Another added: “OMG, it’s my birthday on June 8 so I haven’t got to cook, thank you Zaks.”
For more updates on coronavirus see the Facebook page here