American diner Zaks beats lockdown with new takeaway service
The owners of Zaks in Norwich have announced they are re-launching their takeaway service.
Ian Hacon and Chris Carr took over the American diner restaurants in Mousehold, Riverside and Poringland shortly before coronavirus meant they had to close.
They asked customers whether they would support the takeaway service again and following some easing of government restrictions have now announced it will re-start from Mousehold and Poringland from June 3.
Initially, the service will run from Wednesday to Sunday from 2pm-9pm.
“We may ramp this up when we get going,” Mr Carr posted on social media. “We will be introducing an online system next week so you can book in advance and guarantee your slot. I will publish full details early next week on how to do this.
“We are working hard to guarantee this will be a safe process for both you and our team. We will be operating with a small team and therefore there is a limited menu but we think you will still love it.”
He said there would be a vegan, vegetarian and gluten free menu to follow soon.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 6 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 7 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 8 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
- 9 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 10 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
The drive-in takeaway service was being operated by Zaks before closing because of coronavirus – the service ran for about a week.
Customers have already begun to post their delight on social media.
One said: “We are absolutely stoked, this has been my main pregnancy craving for two months.”
Another added: “OMG, it’s my birthday on June 8 so I haven’t got to cook, thank you Zaks.”
For more updates on coronavirus see the Facebook page here