Charity Christmas card shop to return to Norwich in new location
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
The Original Norwich Charity Christmas Card Shop is set to return for 2020 with a team of 100 volunteers once again spreading goodwill and raising money for local causes.
The shop is returning for its 55th year and while it was in St Stephens Street in 2018 and 2019, in 2020 it will be in a new location at St Peter Mancroft Church near The Forum.
It will be open from Tuesday, October 20 to Saturday. December 12 from 11.15am to 2.30pm Monday to Saturday with cards, calendars, wrapping paper and tags all on sale and 100pc of the money goes to charity.
Last year, the shop raised almost £32,000 and they are hoping to top that total this Christmas and are supporting 17 charities, including the East Anglian Air Ambulance, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) and Norwich Foodbank.
Liz Magem, secretary of the shop, said: “The church approached us as they were really keen to support local charities that couldn’t do their normal fundraising during lockdown.”
You may also want to watch:
To make sure the shop is Covid-safe there will be a set route through the church and they will follow the latest government guidance.
- 1 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 2 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 3 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 4 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 7 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 8 'Diabolical' - Fury over trees felled for road widening scheme
- 9 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 10 Norwich artist 'complimented' as thieves nick four of his paintings