Charity Christmas card shop to return to Norwich in new location
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2018
The Original Norwich Charity Christmas Card Shop is set to return for 2020 with a team of 100 volunteers once again spreading goodwill and raising money for local causes.
The shop is returning for its 55th year and while it was in St Stephens Street in 2018 and 2019, in 2020 it will be in a new location at St Peter Mancroft Church near The Forum.
It will be open from Tuesday, October 20 to Saturday. December 12 from 11.15am to 2.30pm Monday to Saturday with cards, calendars, wrapping paper and tags all on sale and 100pc of the money goes to charity.
Last year, the shop raised almost £32,000 and they are hoping to top that total this Christmas and are supporting 17 charities, including the East Anglian Air Ambulance, East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices (EACH) and Norwich Foodbank.
Liz Magem, secretary of the shop, said: “The church approached us as they were really keen to support local charities that couldn’t do their normal fundraising during lockdown.”
To make sure the shop is Covid-safe there will be a set route through the church and they will follow the latest government guidance.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station building thrown out
- 2 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 3 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 4 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 5 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 6 'How I made four million flipping council houses into luxury student digs'
- 7 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 8 REVEALED: Hotspots in Norwich with the most burglaries
- 9 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 10 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record