Organ player gives 100th recital
Sam EmanuelA distinguished organ player has given his 100th lunchtime organ recital at the church where he is the director of music.Sam Emanuel
A distinguished organ player has given his 100th lunchtime organ recital at the church where he is the director of music.
Peter Stevenson performed at the Princes Street United Reformed Church, and the recital included work by J.S. Bach and a more modern piece.
Mr Stevenson has previously given similar concerts both in Portsmouth, when he was Cathedral Organist and in Hong Kong when he was Dean of the Faculty of Music.
The Princes Street series started on November 1, 2001 and whilst it mainly consists of recitals of organ music, other instruments occasionally appear, including the church's Yamaha Grand Piano.
You may also want to watch:
The next hour-long recital will be on Thursday, March 4 at 12.45pm.
- 1 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 2 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 5 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 6 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 7 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 8 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 9 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 10 Norfolk couple's hopes of £1m 'doorstop' sculpture dashed