Organ player gives 100th recital
Sam EmanuelA distinguished organ player has given his 100th lunchtime organ recital at the church where he is the director of music.Sam Emanuel
A distinguished organ player has given his 100th lunchtime organ recital at the church where he is the director of music.
Peter Stevenson performed at the Princes Street United Reformed Church, and the recital included work by J.S. Bach and a more modern piece.
Mr Stevenson has previously given similar concerts both in Portsmouth, when he was Cathedral Organist and in Hong Kong when he was Dean of the Faculty of Music.
The Princes Street series started on November 1, 2001 and whilst it mainly consists of recitals of organ music, other instruments occasionally appear, including the church's Yamaha Grand Piano.
You may also want to watch:
The next hour-long recital will be on Thursday, March 4 at 12.45pm.
- 1 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 2 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 3 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 4 Vulnerable 15-year-old brought to Norwich from London to deal drugs
- 5 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 6 Tables fill at restaurants and pubs as bar serves 450 on reopening day
- 7 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
- 8 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 9 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 10 Work starts to transform former bakery into £13m site