Organ player gives 100th recital
Sam EmanuelA distinguished organ player has given his 100th lunchtime organ recital at the church where he is the director of music.Sam Emanuel
A distinguished organ player has given his 100th lunchtime organ recital at the church where he is the director of music.
Peter Stevenson performed at the Princes Street United Reformed Church, and the recital included work by J.S. Bach and a more modern piece.
Mr Stevenson has previously given similar concerts both in Portsmouth, when he was Cathedral Organist and in Hong Kong when he was Dean of the Faculty of Music.
The Princes Street series started on November 1, 2001 and whilst it mainly consists of recitals of organ music, other instruments occasionally appear, including the church's Yamaha Grand Piano.
You may also want to watch:
The next hour-long recital will be on Thursday, March 4 at 12.45pm.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 Looking back at one of the city's favourite outdoor swimming pools