Organ player gives 100th recital
Sam EmanuelA distinguished organ player has given his 100th lunchtime organ recital at the church where he is the director of music.Sam Emanuel
A distinguished organ player has given his 100th lunchtime organ recital at the church where he is the director of music.
Peter Stevenson performed at the Princes Street United Reformed Church, and the recital included work by J.S. Bach and a more modern piece.
Mr Stevenson has previously given similar concerts both in Portsmouth, when he was Cathedral Organist and in Hong Kong when he was Dean of the Faculty of Music.
The Princes Street series started on November 1, 2001 and whilst it mainly consists of recitals of organ music, other instruments occasionally appear, including the church's Yamaha Grand Piano.
You may also want to watch:
The next hour-long recital will be on Thursday, March 4 at 12.45pm.
- 1 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 2 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 3 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 4 'Accidents waiting to happen' - Mum vows not to give up 20mph fight
- 5 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 6 Former village pub for sale as home
- 7 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 8 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 9 Opposition grows over charges to park in Norwich parks
- 10 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel