Opera to be screened live in Norwich this summer
- Credit: Archant
Live opera will be screened outdoors in Norwich this summer.
A production of the famous opera, Don Giovanni, will be broadcast live from the Royal Opera House in London, to an open-air screen outside the Forum.
The classic extravaganza is being streamed live to more than a dozen towns and cities around the country on Friday, July 3 at 7pm.
The production will feature baritone Christopher Maltman in the title role of Don Giovanni.
Jayne Evans from the Forum said; 'This is a fantastic opportunity to enjoy professional opera for free. There's no need to book. Bring your own chair, cushion or blanket and a picnic.
'We're delighted to be partnering up with the Royal Opera House for this event and it's a great way to get the Lord Mayor's Celebration weekend under way.'
The screen will be in place for the duration of the Lord Mayor's Celebration weekend and will also feature a programme of free movies for the whole family.
- 1 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 2 'Not our fault' - City man hits back on abandoned caravan after land dispute
- 3 From £35k to homeless: Why rough sleepers struggle to get a job
- 4 Burglars smash way into Patisserie Valerie and nab cash
- 5 'Fixer upper' lodge home goes up for sale near Norwich city centre
- 6 Boss ordered to build road 15 years ago battles to clear name
- 7 Store still cordoned off with police tape two months after break-in
- 8 'I lived in the woods for 20 years': How Sean is starting new life
- 9 'Not worth it!': Councillor wants new bus lane ditched
- 10 Has £10,000 prize crash landed in Norwich from space?
Prior to the screening of the opera the popular family film Paddington will be shown on Friday, July 3, at 4.30pm. On Sunday, July 5, How to Train Your Dragon will be shown at 2pm followed by Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade at 7.30pm.
Throughout the weekend the screen will also feature live action from Wimbledon and the Tour de France. All of the open-air screen events are alcohol free. The screen is sponsored by Get Into Summer, Active Norfolk, Norfolk County Council, CarShop and Norwich Business Improvement District.
Are you organising an outdoor summer event? Email firstname.lastname@example.org