Opera to be screened live in Norwich this summer
- Credit: Archant
Live opera will be screened outdoors in Norwich this summer.
A production of the famous opera, Don Giovanni, will be broadcast live from the Royal Opera House in London, to an open-air screen outside the Forum.
The classic extravaganza is being streamed live to more than a dozen towns and cities around the country on Friday, July 3 at 7pm.
The production will feature baritone Christopher Maltman in the title role of Don Giovanni.
Jayne Evans from the Forum said; 'This is a fantastic opportunity to enjoy professional opera for free. There's no need to book. Bring your own chair, cushion or blanket and a picnic.
You may also want to watch:
'We're delighted to be partnering up with the Royal Opera House for this event and it's a great way to get the Lord Mayor's Celebration weekend under way.'
The screen will be in place for the duration of the Lord Mayor's Celebration weekend and will also feature a programme of free movies for the whole family.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
Prior to the screening of the opera the popular family film Paddington will be shown on Friday, July 3, at 4.30pm. On Sunday, July 5, How to Train Your Dragon will be shown at 2pm followed by Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade at 7.30pm.
Throughout the weekend the screen will also feature live action from Wimbledon and the Tour de France. All of the open-air screen events are alcohol free. The screen is sponsored by Get Into Summer, Active Norfolk, Norfolk County Council, CarShop and Norwich Business Improvement District.
Are you organising an outdoor summer event? Email email@example.com