Young writers to celebrate launch of second book
- Credit: Archant
A group of young writers from Norwich are celebrating the release of their second book with a launch night at the National Centre for Writing.
In 2018, the OPEN Creatives, a creative writing group at the OPEN Youth Trust (OPEN) published its first collection of poetry and prose titled The OPEN Creatives Anthology.
Now, one year on from its first publication, the group is preparing for the launch of its second volume of works.
Called The OPEN Creatives Anthology Vol. II, the collection includes poetry and prose from all the members of the group who are aged between 7-17 years old.
Evie, one of the writers featured in the book said: "We're really excited to launch our second anthology and to get our work out there. "It has been over a year since the last launch so it will be good to show how we've all improved."
You may also want to watch:
The launch will take place at the National Centre for Writing at Dragon Hall on September 17 from 6.30pm.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 8 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 9 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 10 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work