Open announced as new home for Norwich Fashion Week
- Credit: Archant
Get ready for a week of fashion, fun and frolics as Norwich Fashion Week (NFW) has announced new shows and a new home for its 2016 event.
Open will be the new, official home of the week that brings fashion and style to Norwich. All four main NFW-run shows, which encompass retail, designer, vintage and a fusion of fashion and music, will be held at the Bank Plain venue, and two new events have been announced to join next year's line-up.
The Hair Show celebrates the creative collaboration between stylists, designers and retailers and a design and enterprise event will see a day of talks and workshops.
Emma Harrowing, chairman of the NFW board, said: 'This is a big step in achieving our ambition of ensuring NFW16 reaches an even wider audience, as Open is such an easily accessible location set right in the heart of the city.'
Kerry Curl, Vintage Show co-ordinator and NFW board member, added: 'Although Open is the official home, we are also still looking for other local retailers and businesses to host their own in-store events throughout the week as well. We're also planning our own pop-up and fringe events around the city.'
You may also want to watch:
Ann Tattam, Conference and Event Manager at Open, said: 'We hosted the Retailers Show and Fashion Excess last year, and it was a great success.
'It's a fantastic opportunity to be involved in such a key event, which is now firmly established on the city's cultural calendar, and it also fits well with our own core values to provide opportunities for young people in Norfolk.'
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 8 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 9 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 10 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
Norwich Fashion Week is supported by the Norwich Business Improvement District (BID). Norwich Fashion Week 2016 takes place from March 10 until March 17. Visit www.norwichfashion.co.uk