One key item - three new looks for Norwich mum
Creating different looks from a few key items is a quick and easy way to look stylish every day – as Life Matters reader Victoria White discovers. By Emma Harrowing.
Making her wardrobe work hard is an understatement for Victoria White from Weston Longville.
The 36-year-old splits her time between being a mum to five-year-old Lucas and seven-year-old Mackenzie, working part-time alongside her husband Jason in a family car sales business in Norwich and working as the national fundraising and development manager for local breast cancer charity Keeping Abreast.
'Although I wear smart/casual clothes for each role I do, it can sometimes be a juggle deciding what to wear to go to work in an office, meet potential sponsors and play with my two boys,' says Victoria.
'Each role takes up a lot of my time – looking after two small boys is a full-time job in itself! For the last 11 years I have also helped my husband out doing everything from the sales and marketing to staff management and training.
You may also want to watch:
'My third 'job' is to help raise money for the charity Keeping Abreast by managing events such as the Annual Ball and the More Than Fashion Shows. I have been working with Keeping Abreast since it was launched in 2007. I'm currently working on the next fashion show which will be held at Open in September.'
With such a busy lifestyle it's important that Victoria has a collection of outfits in her wardrobe to suit each of her roles. Buying a whole new wardrobe can be expensive, but by buying a few key items such as a shift dress, a pair of trousers, a blouse and a pair of heels and flats you can accessorise your look to suit any eventuality.
- 1 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 9 Diggers roll into village as work begins on 267 home development
- 10 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
With the help of John Lewis fashion advisor Julia, we aim to show Victoria how she can create three different looks to suit each of her roles by investing in one key item - a pair of tailored shorts.
See Victoria's three different looks by clicking on the photo gallery link at the top right of this page.