Olympic rower heads to Norwich
Kate ScotterAn Olympic rower will be heading to Norwich next week to help promote water sports on the outskirts of the city.Kate Scotter
An Olympic rower will be heading to Norwich next week to help promote water sports on the outskirts of the city.
The 'Enjoying Water' strategy for the East of England is being launched on Wednesday, March 24 at the Whitlingham Outdoor Education Centre, near Trowse.
The strategy outlines key ways the eastern region can increase opportunities for water-based activities and get more people involved in enjoying water and related sports.
Former Olympian Stephen Turner, who competed at the Seoul and Barcelona Games, will be at the launch and will take to the water with a group of youngsters.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'For me there is nothing better than being on the water. It creates a sense of freedom and fun, is totally accessible to all ages and capabilities, with people able to engage in competition or just for recreation.
'This project has the potential to open up the opportunity to a much wider audience and I would encourage everybody to come and have a go. I did and who knows, we might find the next Olympic champion.'
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Financial clause revealed in Rashica move to Norwich City
- 5 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk