Olly and Nigel set to tickle our funny bones this summer
- Credit: Archant
Two of Norfolk's best loved entertainers have teamed with a young Wroxham singer with a bright future for Thursday matinees at The Princess Theatre in Hunstanton during July.
Both Olly Day and Nigel 'Boy' Syer have been performing to packed houses in Gorleston and Cromer and wanted to take their laughter show to 'Sunny Hunny' this summer.
'If It's Laughter You're After' is a fun-filled afternoon of music and comedy along with dollops of Norfolk squit and some magical magic with Olly and Nigel who have been joined by Maria Willis, just 17, who is a student at Wymondham College.
'She recently performed on stage in Norwich in The Phantom of the Opera and is about to return to Wales to sing at the famous Eisteddfod,' said Olly. 'Maria is showcasing some beautiful songs from the world of pop as well as some of her favourite classical arias.'
The Norfolk stars are all delighted to be staging these special shows at the Princess on Thursday afternoons.
'The theatre is one of the gems of Norfolk, whenever I perform there it's like going home... every seat has a great view and when you're on stage the laughter comes at you in waves. Ken Dodd told me it was one of his favourite theatres as well,' said Olly.
Olly and Nigel are a classic Norfolk pair and a glorious advert for the county – entertaining both locals and visitors who head into Gorleston and now Hunstanton for the summer. Even if the sun isn't shining they put smiles on so many faces. People love them.
- 1 Everything you need to know about the Sweet Briar Road closure
- 2 Sewage seeps through floorboards and blocks sinks in apartment block
- 3 Norwich cocktail bar and restaurant relaunches with new name and menu
- 4 Why NR3 is being dubbed the 'new Shoreditch'
- 5 Supporters' fears that Spurs game at Carrow Road may turn nasty
- 6 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 7 Jailed in Norfolk: Drug dealer and man who raped teenage girl
- 8 Fire crews attend commercial building blaze near Norwich
- 9 Fashion boutique to shut with FOUR MONTH closing down sale
- 10 Huge 'magazine worthy' bungalow near Norwich is back up for sale for £1.1m
'After performing on my own for so long, it's great to be part of a double act,' said the accordion-playing Nigel. 'It gives us the chance to do so many other sketchers and comedy songs.'
If It's Laughter You're After is on Thursday afternoons at The Princess Theatre, Hunstanton, on July 10, 17 and 24. Tickets are £13 (£12 with concessions) Call 01485 532252.