Olly and Nigel set to tickle our funny bones this summer
- Credit: Archant
Two of Norfolk's best loved entertainers have teamed with a young Wroxham singer with a bright future for Thursday matinees at The Princess Theatre in Hunstanton during July.
Both Olly Day and Nigel 'Boy' Syer have been performing to packed houses in Gorleston and Cromer and wanted to take their laughter show to 'Sunny Hunny' this summer.
'If It's Laughter You're After' is a fun-filled afternoon of music and comedy along with dollops of Norfolk squit and some magical magic with Olly and Nigel who have been joined by Maria Willis, just 17, who is a student at Wymondham College.
'She recently performed on stage in Norwich in The Phantom of the Opera and is about to return to Wales to sing at the famous Eisteddfod,' said Olly. 'Maria is showcasing some beautiful songs from the world of pop as well as some of her favourite classical arias.'
The Norfolk stars are all delighted to be staging these special shows at the Princess on Thursday afternoons.
You may also want to watch:
'The theatre is one of the gems of Norfolk, whenever I perform there it's like going home... every seat has a great view and when you're on stage the laughter comes at you in waves. Ken Dodd told me it was one of his favourite theatres as well,' said Olly.
Olly and Nigel are a classic Norfolk pair and a glorious advert for the county – entertaining both locals and visitors who head into Gorleston and now Hunstanton for the summer. Even if the sun isn't shining they put smiles on so many faces. People love them.
- 1 Police and SOS Bus see busy night as clubbing returns to city
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Bars and clubs see busy night as police up patrols
- 4 Neighbours celebrate Norfolk Day bar win with street party
- 5 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 6 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 7 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 8 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
'After performing on my own for so long, it's great to be part of a double act,' said the accordion-playing Nigel. 'It gives us the chance to do so many other sketchers and comedy songs.'
If It's Laughter You're After is on Thursday afternoons at The Princess Theatre, Hunstanton, on July 10, 17 and 24. Tickets are £13 (£12 with concessions) Call 01485 532252.