Old Catton’s ladies group take unusual - yet familiar - outing
- Credit: Archant
Old Catton's ladies group went on a rather unusual – yet possibly quite familiar – outing.
The group, that meets on the second Tuesday of every month, visited the Sainsbury's store in Pound Lane, Thorpe St Andrew, but rather than heading down the aisles they went behind the scenes.
They were looking to discover more about the operations of a large supermarket.
Barbara Harman, group secretary, said: 'It has been very interesting to see behind the scenes.
'It's been a great experience and thank you to Sainsbury's Pound Lane for making our group welcome. It's been a memorable evening.'
You may also want to watch:
The 17 women spent their evening tour sampling deli products in the cafe, took part in a questions and answer session with staff and learnt about the supermarket's environmental policies, replenishment systems and community work.
Ms Harman added: 'Old Catton Ladies Group was set up over 40 years ago for wives and mothers who lived near each other and is still well attended and enjoyed by the same ladies now.'
- 1 Vision for multi-million pound new Norwich venue revealed
- 2 Police seal off building site in Norwich
- 3 'People love it' - Landlady opens second pub in Earlham Road
- 4 Stylish bungalow to rent on edge of Norwich - and it even has a hot tub
- 5 Two city businesses on the move as mystery new tenant hovers
- 6 Police cordon remains in place after serious sex assault in Norwich
- 7 IKEA: What went wrong?
- 8 Woman sexually assaulted in Norwich
- 9 Volunteer hit with £100 parking fee while collecting food for needy
- 10 Woman on soft-food diet 'forever' after attack by kick-boxer partner
The group meets both at venues and one another's homes and enjoys various outings and treasure hunts.
They also fundraise for the Marie Curie Cancer charity.
If you have a news story about a local group going on an unusual outing or raising money for charity, email firstname.lastname@example.org