Old Catton’s ladies group take unusual - yet familiar - outing
- Credit: Archant
Old Catton's ladies group went on a rather unusual – yet possibly quite familiar – outing.
The group, that meets on the second Tuesday of every month, visited the Sainsbury's store in Pound Lane, Thorpe St Andrew, but rather than heading down the aisles they went behind the scenes.
They were looking to discover more about the operations of a large supermarket.
Barbara Harman, group secretary, said: 'It has been very interesting to see behind the scenes.
'It's been a great experience and thank you to Sainsbury's Pound Lane for making our group welcome. It's been a memorable evening.'
You may also want to watch:
The 17 women spent their evening tour sampling deli products in the cafe, took part in a questions and answer session with staff and learnt about the supermarket's environmental policies, replenishment systems and community work.
Ms Harman added: 'Old Catton Ladies Group was set up over 40 years ago for wives and mothers who lived near each other and is still well attended and enjoyed by the same ladies now.'
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 4 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 5 New £64,000 bus lane could cut 80 seconds off journeys
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 8 Man, 83, 'absolutely gutted' after thieves pinch his £2,500 e-bike
- 9 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 10 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
The group meets both at venues and one another's homes and enjoys various outings and treasure hunts.
They also fundraise for the Marie Curie Cancer charity.
If you have a news story about a local group going on an unusual outing or raising money for charity, email email@example.com