OAP arrested after Norfolk woman critically injured
Elaine MaslinA 72 year old man has been arrested following an incident in north Norfolk village near Fakenham yesterday morning.Elaine Maslin
A 72 year old man has been arrested following an incident in north Norfolk village near Fakenham yesterday morning.
Police were called to an address in Hindolveston Road, Thurning, at 10.30am to find a 62-year-old woman who had suffered serious injuries and a 72-year-old man with an injury.
Both were taken to hospital for treatment. Following surgery, the woman is in a stable but critical condition. The man has been treated and is in a stable condition.
This morning, police said the man had been arrested in connection with the matter and further enquiries are in hand, but would not give any more information.
You may also want to watch:
Leading the investigation, temp Det Chief Inspector Matt Dyson said: "We are in the early stages of our enquiries but are not, at this time, looking for anyone else in relation to this incident."
Police said next of kin had been informed.
- 1 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 2 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 3 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 4 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 5 Impact of T-Rex trail revealed as sculptures leave city
- 6 'A very easy Brexit win' - Traders have say on imperial measures change
- 7 Warning to others after mum breaks leg using park zip wire
- 8 Man arrested after assaulting three police officers outside Popworld
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in