OAP arrested after Norfolk woman critically injured
Elaine MaslinA 72 year old man has been arrested following an incident in north Norfolk village near Fakenham yesterday morning.Elaine Maslin
A 72 year old man has been arrested following an incident in north Norfolk village near Fakenham yesterday morning.
Police were called to an address in Hindolveston Road, Thurning, at 10.30am to find a 62-year-old woman who had suffered serious injuries and a 72-year-old man with an injury.
Both were taken to hospital for treatment. Following surgery, the woman is in a stable but critical condition. The man has been treated and is in a stable condition.
This morning, police said the man had been arrested in connection with the matter and further enquiries are in hand, but would not give any more information.
Leading the investigation, temp Det Chief Inspector Matt Dyson said: "We are in the early stages of our enquiries but are not, at this time, looking for anyone else in relation to this incident."
Police said next of kin had been informed.
- 1 Walker furious as beauty spot 'ruined' by bush chopping
- 2 City schools to share one site as building returned to council
- 3 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
- 4 Burger off! Petition launched to scrap new McDonald's plan
- 5 Five of Norwich's best takeaways according to our readers
- 6 Tourist slapped with £100 parking fine for cash machine stop
- 7 New beer and burrito bar opens in city centre
- 8 Petition supporting Western Link gains hundreds of signatures
- 9 Police on hand as anti-vaccine protesters gather in city
- 10 Mum describes heartache year on from daughter's tragic death