NURFC’s partnership with Wooden Spoon begins with a bang
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Union Rugby Football Club (NURFC) raised £529 at their second annual fireworks display.
The event represented the beginning of a partnership between the club and Wooden Spoon - the children's charity of rugby.
The partnership is part of a wider scheme that aims to mutually benefit both rugby clubs and the charity through joint fundraising initiatives.
Tickets for the event sold out and homemade food was provided by the club's volunteer catering team.
Fern Blundell, event organiser, said: 'I'm extremely pleased that we have achieved our goal of putting on a professionally organised display for local families at a reasonable price.
You may also want to watch:
'My thanks to all the volunteers who helped with organising and running the event.'
NURFC plans on building on its partnership with Wooden Spoon as the season progresses, hosting a series of additional events and activities.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 3 See how Norwich Castle's keep is being transformed
- 4 'I don't feel safe' - Boss' fears just one month into shop job
- 5 Family piano shop founded in 1887 is leaving the city
- 6 Schoolchildren still without playing field after TWO YEARS
- 7 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 8 Power still out in parts of Norwich city centre six hours later
- 9 Power cut hits Norwich city centre
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?