NURFC’s partnership with Wooden Spoon begins with a bang
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Union Rugby Football Club (NURFC) raised £529 at their second annual fireworks display.
The event represented the beginning of a partnership between the club and Wooden Spoon - the children's charity of rugby.
The partnership is part of a wider scheme that aims to mutually benefit both rugby clubs and the charity through joint fundraising initiatives.
Tickets for the event sold out and homemade food was provided by the club's volunteer catering team.
Fern Blundell, event organiser, said: 'I'm extremely pleased that we have achieved our goal of putting on a professionally organised display for local families at a reasonable price.
You may also want to watch:
'My thanks to all the volunteers who helped with organising and running the event.'
NURFC plans on building on its partnership with Wooden Spoon as the season progresses, hosting a series of additional events and activities.
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 4 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 5 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 6 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Man and woman found dead in home
- 9 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
- 10 £800k roadworks branded 'waste of time and effort'