NURFC’s partnership with Wooden Spoon begins with a bang
- Credit: Archant
Norwich Union Rugby Football Club (NURFC) raised £529 at their second annual fireworks display.
The event represented the beginning of a partnership between the club and Wooden Spoon - the children's charity of rugby.
The partnership is part of a wider scheme that aims to mutually benefit both rugby clubs and the charity through joint fundraising initiatives.
Tickets for the event sold out and homemade food was provided by the club's volunteer catering team.
Fern Blundell, event organiser, said: 'I'm extremely pleased that we have achieved our goal of putting on a professionally organised display for local families at a reasonable price.
'My thanks to all the volunteers who helped with organising and running the event.'
NURFC plans on building on its partnership with Wooden Spoon as the season progresses, hosting a series of additional events and activities.
- 1 Greater Anglia application to demolish train station thrown out
- 2 What is this mystery tower that has sprung up in Norwich?
- 3 Load of Bull! Anger as Red Bull ramps up threat against Norwich gin firm
- 4 'I can't lose!' City fan places 150/1 bet on Canaries dismal scoring record
- 5 Asteroid bigger than any building on Earth to be visible in Norfolk skies
- 6 Superhero City fan vows 'months of abuse' will not stop him
- 7 Drunk student crashed into hotel wall after drinking tequilas
- 8 Two Norwich shops named among UK's best independent stores
- 9 It's going down! Demolition of car showroom begins to make way for homes
- 10 Seven Sprowston neighbours scoop £30,000 lottery win