Nuffield Health Challenge: Evening News readers receive health MOT
- Credit: Bill Smith - Archant
In the second part of our Nuffield Health fitness and wellbeing challenge, EMMA HARROWING finds out how the three Evening News readers got on when they had their first health MOT.
Improving your health is not just about sweating it out on a running machine in the gym. Instead you need to look at what you eat, drink, your activity levels and address any underlying health concerns.
It is this holistic approach that Nuffield Health on Barrack Street aims to encourage everyone to take if they want to improve their health and wellbeing for the long term. So the centre has chosen three Evening News readers, each with different lifestyles and goals, to take a three month challenge to improve their fitness and wellbeing.
Last week we introduced you to the three challengers. Now before they embark on their challenge each had a health MOT so that they can get on the right track to a healthier lifestyle.
'Health MOTs enable members to find out more about their health and how to get and keep fit,' says Grant Ewens, general manager at Nuffield Health in Norwich. 'A health MOT gives a clear picture of someone's overall health and fitness so it's a good starting point for our three challengers as they can see where they are now and in a few months time they can see how far they have come.
You may also want to watch:
'The health MOT takes about an hour and involves asking you simple health and lifestyle questions and measuring key factors that significantly affect your health, including cholesterol, blood glucose, blood pressure, aerobic fitness, weight and waist to hip ratio. This enables us to provide the most appropriate health and fitness recommendations, whether they need a personal training programme, physiotherapy treatment or to attend one of our classes.'
If any of the challengers improve their health MOT score in three months they will be given a further 12 months free membership to Nuffield Health.
- 1 Alan Carr enjoys 'delicious food' and leaves large tip at city restaurant
- 2 Tributes paid to 'amazing' Norwich shop worker
- 3 Motorcyclist injured after crash on Norwich road
- 4 Egg-lobbing mob leads police to step up presence in suburb
- 5 7 of the best places to see fireworks in and around Norwich in 2021
- 6 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 7 'They can't get away with it': Petrol boss defiant after spate of crimes
- 8 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 9 All the fish and chip shops in Norwich with 5-star hygiene ratings
- 10 Progress on plan for 4,000 homes near Norwich to be revealed