Norwich youngsters perform Thriller
Halloween arrived early for a group of youngsters in Norfolk when they dressed as ghosts and zombies and took to the stage to perform Thriller.
Twenty-eight students aged between four and 18 from across the county took part in the performance with DramActive Academy which was held at Norwich High School for Girls.
The budding actors were involved in every aspect of the performance including building the scenery, creating costumes and styling hair and make-up.
Hannah Ward, nine, from Pottergate said: 'I was really looking forward to the day and doing the make-up and dressing in scary costumes. It's quite different to what we normally have to wear. We all made our own scenes today.'
Around 80 parents attended the final performance.
You may also want to watch:
Courtney Thomas-Lockett, nine, who lives in Bawburgh said: 'I like singing and acting. The Thriller performance today is exciting and my mum, dad and sister came to watch. It's good that we can combine acting and singing with Halloween.'
Children dressed as ghosts, skeletons, witches and zombies for the show which was set in a graveyard. School principal, Jane Ashdown said: 'It is very apt for this time of year to perform Thriller. Children love to wear their Halloween costumes and dress up and it seemed like a good opportunity to do it in the half term. It's good for them to meet new people and make new friends. The Thriller show allowed them to learn about special effects make-up and set design.
- 1 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 2 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 3 Calls for lines to be repainted at 'free-for-all' city roundabout
- 4 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 5 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 6 Teenage stabbing was 'rival gang revenge’ for YouTube videos
- 7 Four more roads in Norwich to close for resurfacing work
- 8 New Norwich shisha bar one of the best and cheapest spots for Turkish food
- 9 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 10 Looking back at one of the city's favourite outdoor swimming pools
'They have all worked very well together.'
For more information about DramActive, please visit www.dramactive.co.uk
Are you organising an event for children? Contact reporter Lucy Wright on 01603 772495 or email email@example.com