Norwich writer and illustrator release third book in Rupert the Dinosaur series
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The latest in the Rupert the Dinosaur trilogy of children's books, written by Douglas Vallgren and illustrated by Karl Newson, has been released.
Both men were in Norwich on Friday, October 27 to meet their fans and talk about the latest book in the trilogy, 'Rupert the Dinosaur on Dinosaur Planet'.
The story follows Rupert and his dinosaur friends as they go on an adventure and discover whether dinosaurs are really extinct.
The story was born in 1998 when Mr Vallgren was reading bedtime stories to his three-year-old daughter.
Eventually getting bored of the same old stories, she asked for a new one; and Rupert the Dinosaur was born.
Fast-forward to his daughter's 18th birthday, and Mr Vallgren decided that publishing Rupert the Dinosaur would make a great present.
He contacted illustrator Karl Newson, and founded Vallgren Publishing to get it onto the shelves.
- 1 City teen gets celebrity backing for prom dress
- 2 Pub closes for £5,000 refurb to enable it to serve drinks faster
- 3 Class A drugs seized from three men in city woods
- 4 Waiting game over fate of housing bid for former school playing field
- 5 Plea to get 5ft mega bush axed from busy pavement
- 6 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 7 Quaint 'tucked away' house is for sale for the first time in almost 30 years
- 8 Roadworks slammed a 'complete mess' as another cycle lane is closed
- 9 Reunion for workers from the historic city factory still going strong
- 10 See inside this £1.15m Bridgerton-style city centre period property
The book is as local as it can get: the printers are Drayton's Swallowtail Print, and the publisher and creators are all from Norwich.
To find out more, visit www.rupertthedinosaur.com