Norwich writer and illustrator release third book in Rupert the Dinosaur series
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2017
The latest in the Rupert the Dinosaur trilogy of children's books, written by Douglas Vallgren and illustrated by Karl Newson, has been released.
Both men were in Norwich on Friday, October 27 to meet their fans and talk about the latest book in the trilogy, 'Rupert the Dinosaur on Dinosaur Planet'.
The story follows Rupert and his dinosaur friends as they go on an adventure and discover whether dinosaurs are really extinct.
The story was born in 1998 when Mr Vallgren was reading bedtime stories to his three-year-old daughter.
Eventually getting bored of the same old stories, she asked for a new one; and Rupert the Dinosaur was born.
You may also want to watch:
Fast-forward to his daughter's 18th birthday, and Mr Vallgren decided that publishing Rupert the Dinosaur would make a great present.
He contacted illustrator Karl Newson, and founded Vallgren Publishing to get it onto the shelves.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 New BBQ takeaway set to open in Norwich
- 3 'We do everything correctly': Norwich takeaway handed one star hygiene rating
- 4 To cross or not to cross? Pledge to trim back danger hedge at blind corner
- 5 'Sneaky and selfish' changes to bus route slammed
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Inconvenience store: Family business blighted by roadworks
- 8 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 9 'We will come back stronger': Norwich restaurant to close for rebranding
- 10 Bars, restaurants and shops - Five new openings in Norwich this September
The book is as local as it can get: the printers are Drayton's Swallowtail Print, and the publisher and creators are all from Norwich.
To find out more, visit www.rupertthedinosaur.com