Norwich wrestler Britani Knight aka Saraya-Jade Bevis signed to America’s WWE proving ground, in Tampa, Florida
An up-and-coming young wrestler from Norwich has been signed to the proving ground for one of the biggest entertainers in the world.
Saraya Jade-Bevis – also known as Britani Knight – is living the dream stateside, performing in live shows in Florida having been talent scouted and signed by Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW), the training ground for the future stars of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).
Formerly known as WWF, WWE brands itself as the ultimate ambition for any wrestler.
Ms Bevis, who is wrestling in America under the name Saraya, is currently in Tampa, Florida, and has already featured in a six-girl 'battle royale' less than two days after landing on the east coast of America.
Ms Bevis' mother, Julia Hamer, who wrestles under the name Sweet Saraya, said: 'I'm heart-broken she's left home but happy she's there. She's a bit homesick but it looks like she'll be picked to be on TV soon.
You may also want to watch:
'It seems like Facebook is made for her, people across the world are talking about her. The whole world is buzzing for Britani Knight.
'My husband [wrestler Ricky Knight] has been in business 25 years and he's never seen anything like it.
- 1 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 2 Locals split as 'terrifying' 60-year-old chestnut tree is felled
- 3 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 4 Drip, drip, hooray! City's bottled water crisis solved
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Three teens arrested in connection with Norwich stabbing
- 8 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 9 Man steals £250 guitar from charity shop
- 10 Golden Triangle cocktail bar announces closure after 'troubling time'
'She is the first 19-year-old girl from Europe to venture into FCW, and I think they'll fast-track her.'
Ms Bevis' brother Zak Bevis, who wrestles as Zak Zodiac and Hooligan Bex, is also being watched by the American wrestling powers that be, and is attending trials for FCW in April.
Ms Bevis, her parents and two of her brothers make up WAW Wrestling in Norwich, an independent wrestling company that regularly put on shows across the country.
Their next show is February 19, at New Road Community Centre, North Walsham.
Visit http://wawuk.com for more about next month's event.