Norwich wrestler Britani Knight aka Saraya-Jade Bevis signed to America’s WWE proving ground, in Tampa, Florida
An up-and-coming young wrestler from Norwich has been signed to the proving ground for one of the biggest entertainers in the world.
Saraya Jade-Bevis – also known as Britani Knight – is living the dream stateside, performing in live shows in Florida having been talent scouted and signed by Florida Championship Wrestling (FCW), the training ground for the future stars of World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).
Formerly known as WWF, WWE brands itself as the ultimate ambition for any wrestler.
Ms Bevis, who is wrestling in America under the name Saraya, is currently in Tampa, Florida, and has already featured in a six-girl 'battle royale' less than two days after landing on the east coast of America.
Ms Bevis' mother, Julia Hamer, who wrestles under the name Sweet Saraya, said: 'I'm heart-broken she's left home but happy she's there. She's a bit homesick but it looks like she'll be picked to be on TV soon.
'It seems like Facebook is made for her, people across the world are talking about her. The whole world is buzzing for Britani Knight.
'My husband [wrestler Ricky Knight] has been in business 25 years and he's never seen anything like it.
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 6 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 7 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
- 8 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 9 Independent city store 'honoured' to be named UK's retailer of the year
- 10 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
'She is the first 19-year-old girl from Europe to venture into FCW, and I think they'll fast-track her.'
Ms Bevis' brother Zak Bevis, who wrestles as Zak Zodiac and Hooligan Bex, is also being watched by the American wrestling powers that be, and is attending trials for FCW in April.
Ms Bevis, her parents and two of her brothers make up WAW Wrestling in Norwich, an independent wrestling company that regularly put on shows across the country.
Their next show is February 19, at New Road Community Centre, North Walsham.
Visit http://wawuk.com for more about next month's event.