Norwich workers are in the pink
Kate ScotterStaff at a Norwich office got in the pink as they celebrated 10 years and pledged their support to one of the region's most successful fundraising events.Kate Scotter
Staff at a Norwich office got in the pink as they celebrated 10 years and pledged their support to one of the region's most successful fundraising events.
OpenContact, based in Rowntree Way, Sprowston, is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year and to mark the milestone the firm has teamed up with fundraisers, the Think Pink Team, as headline sponsors for the fourth bi-annual Think Pink Ball.
The ball will be held on September 10 in the grounds of Colney Hall, on the outskirts of Norwich, and in the run up to the event, OpenContact yesterday held a dress down day with a pink theme.
All funds raised went towards Breakthrough Breast Cancer, Keeping Abreast and The Rosemary Group.
Fiona Temple, managing director, said: 'We wanted to do something really special to mark our 10th anniversary and sponsoring the Think Pink Ball seemed perfect, as it was an opportunity to give something back to the Norwich community, which has supported OpenContact over the last decade and enabled us to reach this landmark occasion.'
OpenContact has been leading the way in outsourced contact centre solutions in the UK since 2000.
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 3 'It would mean everything to get it back': Heartfelt plea to reunite widow with engagement ring
- 4 'What on earth!' - City folk baffled by obstacle cone stuck in pavement
- 5 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 6 Neighbourhood bemused after garage turned into barber shop
- 7 Smokehouse launches takeaway Sunday roasts with loaded Yorkshire puddings
- 8 City flat with spiral staircase and balcony bedroom for sale for £190k
- 9 Bolted e-bike worth 'more than £1,000' nabbed from Norwich home
- 10 House of horrors: Is this the worst council property in Norwich?
Based in Norwich, OpenContact is a family firm, which boasts an impressive client list, including Go Ape, The National Trust, Mattressman UK and Pine Solutions.
Staff from the centre were yesterday joined by members of the Think Pink committee Sarah Softley, Ruth Thurston and Anna Stevenson.
Ms Softley, chair of the Think Pink committee, said: 'We are delighted to have the support of OpenContact for this year's event and we are proud to be a part of their 10th anniversary celebrations.
'As well as their incredibly generous donation as headline sponsor, they have come up with some wonderful ideas for additional activities, such as Friday's 'dress down day', which not only boosts our fundraising, but will hopefully raise the profile of the event and the charities for whom we are trying to raise money.'
The Norwich Think Pink Ball takes place every other year and this year's event will be circus themed for 450 people.
Guests will enjoy a three course dinner with wine, entertainment, live music and dancing until late.
To book tickets, which cost �57.50, call the Think Pink team on 01603 895700, e-mail email@example.com or go to www.thinkpinknorfolk.co.uk
Are you doing something amazing for charity? Call reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or email firstname.lastname@example.org