Norwich women's cycle ride to help military heroes
Chris BishopTwo female cyclists from Norwich are pedalling for pounds to raise money for Help For Heroes.Chris Bishop
Two female cyclists from Norwich are pedalling for pounds to raise money for Help For Heroes.
Debbie Streather, whose husband is serving with 31 Sqn in Afghanistan, and her friend Helen Sprason set off from RAF Marham on Tuesday to cycle the 260 miles to Wootton Basset, in Wiltshire, where fallen servicemen and women are repatriated.
The women believe the trip will take them six days if they can average 45 miles a day and have already raised more than �3,000 towards their �5,000 target.
On Wednesday, they reached their first stop at RAF Honingham in four hours. They plan to stop off at an RAF base each evening en route.
'We averaged 10mph but the wind was horrendous; it was nearly pushing off our bikes at one point,' said Mrs Streather, 28, who works as an event consultant for Aviva.
Miss Sprason, 29, works as a restaurant manager for Animal Inns in Norwich.
- 1 Chim chim, I do! Couple tie the knot in Mary Poppins-themed wedding
- 2 Military helicopters spotted flying over Norfolk
- 3 Family sue Wetherspoon after man falls to death in city pub
- 4 See inside 'stunning' flat overlooking Norwich Market
- 5 Are you the mystery Norwich builder Peter Crouch is searching for?
- 6 All-you-can-eat Chinese buffet at Riverside closes
- 7 Blanket ban: Standing room only for Simply Red fans
- 8 Train evacuated after hitting horse on Norwich to Diss line
- 9 Missing Taverham man found safe and well
- 10 Hidden 90-acre wildlife haven in city secured after £600k investment
Go to their JustGiving page www. Justgiving.com/pedalling-for-pounds to donate.