Norwich women's cycle ride to help military heroes
Chris BishopTwo female cyclists from Norwich are pedalling for pounds to raise money for Help For Heroes.Chris Bishop
Two female cyclists from Norwich are pedalling for pounds to raise money for Help For Heroes.
Debbie Streather, whose husband is serving with 31 Sqn in Afghanistan, and her friend Helen Sprason set off from RAF Marham on Tuesday to cycle the 260 miles to Wootton Basset, in Wiltshire, where fallen servicemen and women are repatriated.
The women believe the trip will take them six days if they can average 45 miles a day and have already raised more than �3,000 towards their �5,000 target.
On Wednesday, they reached their first stop at RAF Honingham in four hours. They plan to stop off at an RAF base each evening en route.
You may also want to watch:
'We averaged 10mph but the wind was horrendous; it was nearly pushing off our bikes at one point,' said Mrs Streather, 28, who works as an event consultant for Aviva.
Miss Sprason, 29, works as a restaurant manager for Animal Inns in Norwich.
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 5 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 6 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 Road in Norwich to close for four weeks for £50,000 improvement scheme
Go to their JustGiving page www. Justgiving.com/pedalling-for-pounds to donate.