Norwich women's cycle ride to help military heroes
Chris BishopTwo female cyclists from Norwich are pedalling for pounds to raise money for Help For Heroes.Chris Bishop
Two female cyclists from Norwich are pedalling for pounds to raise money for Help For Heroes.
Debbie Streather, whose husband is serving with 31 Sqn in Afghanistan, and her friend Helen Sprason set off from RAF Marham on Tuesday to cycle the 260 miles to Wootton Basset, in Wiltshire, where fallen servicemen and women are repatriated.
The women believe the trip will take them six days if they can average 45 miles a day and have already raised more than �3,000 towards their �5,000 target.
On Wednesday, they reached their first stop at RAF Honingham in four hours. They plan to stop off at an RAF base each evening en route.
You may also want to watch:
'We averaged 10mph but the wind was horrendous; it was nearly pushing off our bikes at one point,' said Mrs Streather, 28, who works as an event consultant for Aviva.
Miss Sprason, 29, works as a restaurant manager for Animal Inns in Norwich.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 8 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 9 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 10 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
Go to their JustGiving page www. Justgiving.com/pedalling-for-pounds to donate.