Norwich women lend voices to cancer charity record
Shaun LowthorpeStudent Lydia O'Hagan and supply teacher Kerry English were among the girls who just wanted to have fun yesterday by taking part in a special charity recording in Norwich.Shaun Lowthorpe
Student Lydia O'Hagan and supply teacher Kerry English were among the girls who just wanted to have fun yesterday by taking part in a special charity recording in Norwich.
The pair, both from Norwich were involved in a special recording at Chapelfield shopping centre as part of charity Cancer Research UK's remake of Cyndi Lauper's classic Girls Just Wanna Fun.
Female stars including DJ and singer Sonique, soap star Kym Marsh, and GMTV's Penny Smith are among those taking part in a nationwide recording of the single which is due to be released in late April to mark the start of the Cancer Research UK's Race for Life series - the country's largest women-only fundraising event.
But the charity was keen to get recordings of as many different women as possible to sing along to the chorus.
You may also want to watch:
Emily Bannon, Cancer Research UK event manager said they had been pleased with the response of Norwich women willing to lend their voices to the recording.
'We have had all ages taking from 17 to 60 years old,' she said. 'It's been a quicker take-up than in other areas where we have done this.'
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 5 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 6 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 7 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 8 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 9 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 10 New flights from Norwich Airport to Jersey
The Race for Life in Norwich will be held at the Norfolk Showground over the weekend of Saturday, May 1 and Sunday, May 2.
To sign up call 0871 641 1111 or log on to www.raceforlife.org.