Norwich woman using her weight loss to inspire others
A Thorpe Marriott woman is hoping to be living proof of weight-loss success as she prepares to take over a local slimming group.
Mum-of-two Hannah Pratt, 26, lost 5st 8lbs in just over 10 months and will now be taking over Slimming World's Taverham group at Hinks Meadow from Thursday, September 8.
Hannah, pictured before and after, joined the group after her weight ballooned to just under 17 stone after having her two children, Taylor and Maddison, aged two and three respectively.
She said: 'With me having my two kids so close together, I had put on three-and-a-half stone after I had my son and then fell pregnant again.
'It was getting so frustrating because I couldn't do anything with the kids and I thought, 'this is getting ridiculous'.'
With Maddison's first birthday approaching, Hannah then decided to join her mother-in-law at the Taverham Slimming World group, and never looked back.
She continued: 'I started on the Extra Easy plan and followed it 100pc. You can pretty much eat everything, within reason, pasta, vegetables and fruit, and you get some points every day so that you can still have a chocolate bar or something if you want to.'
- 1 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 2 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 3 Mystery over how grotty sofa ended up on garage roof
- 4 Efforts step up to protect city park from development
- 5 Pupils reach for the rainbow for Norwich Pride Schools Week
- 6 Vandals smash charity dinosaur trail T.rex and leave kebab in its mouth
- 7 'Our lives changed forever' - Parents pay tribute to six-week-old Chloe
- 8 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 9 Crocheter 'given up hope' after Jubilee topper stolen
- 10 Glimpses of Norwich week 25: a picture a day from a week in our fine city
The diet has been so successful for Hannah – who works as a support worker for people with learning difficulties for the New Boundaries Group in Taverham – that she will now lead the slimming group. She added: 'It has improved my life so much. I've had a back problem from about the age of 17 and that has eased so much. I can just do much more with the kids, like bike rides, and I'm not self-conscious about going swimming either.'
The Taverham Slimming World group meet between 7.30pm and 9pm on Thursday evenings, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more or go to www.slimmingworld.com
Have you got a story for Local Life? Call David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email email@example.com