Norwich woman using her weight loss to inspire others
A Thorpe Marriott woman is hoping to be living proof of weight-loss success as she prepares to take over a local slimming group.
Mum-of-two Hannah Pratt, 26, lost 5st 8lbs in just over 10 months and will now be taking over Slimming World's Taverham group at Hinks Meadow from Thursday, September 8.
Hannah, pictured before and after, joined the group after her weight ballooned to just under 17 stone after having her two children, Taylor and Maddison, aged two and three respectively.
She said: 'With me having my two kids so close together, I had put on three-and-a-half stone after I had my son and then fell pregnant again.
'It was getting so frustrating because I couldn't do anything with the kids and I thought, 'this is getting ridiculous'.'
You may also want to watch:
With Maddison's first birthday approaching, Hannah then decided to join her mother-in-law at the Taverham Slimming World group, and never looked back.
She continued: 'I started on the Extra Easy plan and followed it 100pc. You can pretty much eat everything, within reason, pasta, vegetables and fruit, and you get some points every day so that you can still have a chocolate bar or something if you want to.'
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 8 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 9 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?
The diet has been so successful for Hannah – who works as a support worker for people with learning difficulties for the New Boundaries Group in Taverham – that she will now lead the slimming group. She added: 'It has improved my life so much. I've had a back problem from about the age of 17 and that has eased so much. I can just do much more with the kids, like bike rides, and I'm not self-conscious about going swimming either.'
The Taverham Slimming World group meet between 7.30pm and 9pm on Thursday evenings, email firstname.lastname@example.org for more or go to www.slimmingworld.com
Have you got a story for Local Life? Call David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email email@example.com