Norwich woman shaves head to raise money for soldiers
A barmaid from Norwich has shaved her head to raise money and awareness for wounded soldiers.
Kattrina Loizou of Oval Avenue, off Dereham Road, Norwich, shaved her hair off last month for the charity Help for Heroes.
Miss Loizou said: 'People fighting will have lost limbs which won't grow back, but my hair will.'
Unable to join the army due to health reasons, Miss Loizou said the charity is close to her heart as she also has had friends who have been fighting in Afghanistan.
'I just wanted to raise money and more awareness.
'I've got a lot of friends in the service and if any of them didn't come back home I would be gutted,' she said.
'Quite a few people have sponsored me, even random strangers.' She has currently raised about �400 for the charity but Miss Loizou hopes she can raise more.
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 3 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 4 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 5 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 6 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 7 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 8 First look as Ainsley Harriott and Grace Dent visit Norwich for TV series
- 9 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 10 'I went to hospital with dental pain - it turns out I had cancer'
Help for Heroes was founded in October 2007 out of a desire to help the wounded Servicemen and women returning from Afghanistan and Iraq.
For more information on Help for Heroes visit www.helpforheroes.org.uk or call 0845 673 1760 or 01980 846 459.
If you would like to donate then visit http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/KattrinaLoizou.
Are you doing something interesting to raise money for charity? Contact Local Life editor Donna-Louise Bishop on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 772438.