Norwich woman sets up new autism group
Sam EmanuelA Norwich woman whose child suffers from a rare form of autism is setting up a support group for families who suspect their child might have the same condition.Sam Emanuel
A Norwich woman whose child suffers from a rare form of autism is setting up a support group for families who suspect their child might have the same condition.
Barbara-Ellen Joseph will be starting the Pathological Demand Avoidance Syndrome (PDA) support group on Saturday, May 1, at City Academy Norwich, between 10am and noon.
It will then run on the first Saturday of each month, unless members would prefer it to be held on a different day.
The condition is a relatively new diagnosis, meaning support for the families of children with the condition is currently very limited.
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Joseph said: 'Anyone who thinks their child may have the condition, or who wants to speak to the parents of children with it, are very welcome to come along.
'At the moment, if a doctor diagnoses someone with it, they tend to refer them to a family with experience of it to speak to, but it can feel a bit strange phoning a stranger for information, and I thought people would much rather meet face to face.'
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 8 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 9 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 10 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
For more information about the condition, visit www.pdacontact.org.uk, or to contact Mrs Joseph, call 01603 508461 or email email@example.com.