Norwich woman’s kind Valentine’s Day gesture to strangers
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich woman inspired by Jack Valentine stories spent Wednesday handing out roses to random people in the city centre.
The 27-year-old who asked to remain anonymous handed out around 160 individual roses with inspirational quotes to people she came across while walking around the city.
She said: 'My mum and I bought the roses from Aldi and wrapped them individually in cellophane with inspirational quotes.
'We went to the city centre where I randomly gave them out to ladies and also to a few men.
'A lot of people were really appreciative of the gesture and gave me a hug.'
The woman said she was inspired to carry out her good deed after reading Jack Valentine stories.
'It made me want to give something back and make a difference in peoples lives, even if it was only a small gesture,' she said.
- 1 TUI flight to Tenerife cancelled as it was on the tarmac
- 2 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 3 Emergency services called to person in water on Prince of Wales Road
- 4 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 5 Parents 'terrified' after THIRD run-in with cars driving on pavement
- 6 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 7 Traffic builds around Earlham Park as gates open for Let's Rock
- 8 Can you help trace this Norwich man's next of kin?
- 9 Mystery over who needs to cut overgrown hedge amid safety fears
- 10 Sweet Briar Road has now reopened
'I wished that I had more to give away as it was really nice to do something for complete strangers.'