Norwich woman’s kind Valentine’s Day gesture to strangers
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich woman inspired by Jack Valentine stories spent Wednesday handing out roses to random people in the city centre.
The 27-year-old who asked to remain anonymous handed out around 160 individual roses with inspirational quotes to people she came across while walking around the city.
She said: 'My mum and I bought the roses from Aldi and wrapped them individually in cellophane with inspirational quotes.
'We went to the city centre where I randomly gave them out to ladies and also to a few men.
'A lot of people were really appreciative of the gesture and gave me a hug.'
You may also want to watch:
The woman said she was inspired to carry out her good deed after reading Jack Valentine stories.
'It made me want to give something back and make a difference in peoples lives, even if it was only a small gesture,' she said.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 'I'd be utterly lost without it' - Family told to dig up vegetable patch
- 3 Calls for 'white elephant' bus lane to be opened for emergencies
- 4 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 5 Cafe in historic park pavilion to reopen after £36,000 renovation
- 6 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 7 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 8 Shoe shop founded in 1857 closes down
- 9 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 10 'Cold and desolate' - Anne Robinson's Countdown jibe at Norfolk
'I wished that I had more to give away as it was really nice to do something for complete strangers.'