Norwich woman’s kind Valentine’s Day gesture to strangers
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich woman inspired by Jack Valentine stories spent Wednesday handing out roses to random people in the city centre.
The 27-year-old who asked to remain anonymous handed out around 160 individual roses with inspirational quotes to people she came across while walking around the city.
She said: 'My mum and I bought the roses from Aldi and wrapped them individually in cellophane with inspirational quotes.
'We went to the city centre where I randomly gave them out to ladies and also to a few men.
'A lot of people were really appreciative of the gesture and gave me a hug.'
You may also want to watch:
The woman said she was inspired to carry out her good deed after reading Jack Valentine stories.
'It made me want to give something back and make a difference in peoples lives, even if it was only a small gesture,' she said.
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 Where are the best rooftop bars in Norwich?
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night
- 10 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
'I wished that I had more to give away as it was really nice to do something for complete strangers.'