Norwich woman’s kind Valentine’s Day gesture to strangers
- Credit: Archant
A Norwich woman inspired by Jack Valentine stories spent Wednesday handing out roses to random people in the city centre.
The 27-year-old who asked to remain anonymous handed out around 160 individual roses with inspirational quotes to people she came across while walking around the city.
She said: 'My mum and I bought the roses from Aldi and wrapped them individually in cellophane with inspirational quotes.
'We went to the city centre where I randomly gave them out to ladies and also to a few men.
'A lot of people were really appreciative of the gesture and gave me a hug.'
You may also want to watch:
The woman said she was inspired to carry out her good deed after reading Jack Valentine stories.
'It made me want to give something back and make a difference in peoples lives, even if it was only a small gesture,' she said.
- 1 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 4 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 5 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 6 'Lives are at risk'-Patients' concerns over surgery appointment struggles
- 7 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 8 One of Norwich's most photographed homes is up for sale
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 All of Norwich's Christmas opening hours
'I wished that I had more to give away as it was really nice to do something for complete strangers.'