Daughter's mission as dad fights Covid in intensive care
- Credit: Katie Folkard
A Norwich woman is raising cash to thank critical care staff who are looking after her sick father.
Katie Folkard's dad Edward has been in hospital for a week after being taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, having tested positive for Covid-19.
Mr Folkard, 65, is a father of six, and is currently on a ventilator in the hospital's intensive care unit.
Miss Folkard, who lives off Aylsham Road, in Norwich, contacted the hospital and asked if there was a way any money she raised could be given to the ICU team.
The 26-year-old said: "I haven't slept since he has been in there.
You may also want to watch:
"These incredible staff members are sweating and fighting daily with the influx of Covid patients and they still are not getting a pay rise at all. This is the only way I can help by raising funds to give directly to the staff who are doing amazing work.
"We are getting updates two to three times a day. You can hear they are so tired but still call my sister and speak to her for 15 minutes to reassure us."
To find out more, visit the fundraising page here.
- 1 Derelict pub on eyesore site could be turned into new Co-op store
- 2 'People are fed up with roasts': Chef ditches Sunday dinner takeaways
- 3 'Sounded like my roof was coming off': RAF jet sonic boom heard over city
- 4 New drive-thru McDonald's to create 65 jobs
- 5 Norwich sonic boom: RAF confirms jet 'inadvertently' caused bang over city
- 6 Extent of Norwich Prison Covid outbreak revealed
- 7 Covid team to knock on Norwich doors to get people to self-isolate
- 8 Hopes raised former pub could become community hub
- 9 Two arrested over robbery incidents at post office and shop
- 10 Sex offender used secret Twitter account to post indecent material