Daughter's mission as dad fights Covid in intensive care
- Credit: Katie Folkard
A Norwich woman is raising cash to thank critical care staff who are looking after her sick father.
Katie Folkard's dad Edward has been in hospital for a week after being taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital, having tested positive for Covid-19.
Mr Folkard, 65, is a father of six, and is currently on a ventilator in the hospital's intensive care unit.
Miss Folkard, who lives off Aylsham Road, in Norwich, contacted the hospital and asked if there was a way any money she raised could be given to the ICU team.
The 26-year-old said: "I haven't slept since he has been in there.
You may also want to watch:
"These incredible staff members are sweating and fighting daily with the influx of Covid patients and they still are not getting a pay rise at all. This is the only way I can help by raising funds to give directly to the staff who are doing amazing work.
"We are getting updates two to three times a day. You can hear they are so tired but still call my sister and speak to her for 15 minutes to reassure us."
To find out more, visit the fundraising page here.
- 1 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 2 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 3 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 4 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 5 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 6 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available
- 7 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 8 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 9 Pet owner's fury as mystery neighbour tries to claim her cat as their own
- 10 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle