‘My GP wrote me off because I was fat’: Determined Norwich woman loses over 6st in 7 months
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Norwich has lost six and half stone after making a decision to stop taking blood pressure tablets, dropping from a size 22-24 to a 12-14.
Charlotte Williams, of Westwick Street in Norwich, decided to lose the weight after being told by her GP that she would be on medication for the rest of her life.
'I was rudely told I'd be on medication for life and that there was really no point in discussing the long term affects [of taking blood pressure tablets], or looking at ways to reduce it,' said the 46-year-old.
'I felt as if the GP wrote me off because I was fat. I decided to look into my options so that I would no longer need to take blood pressure tablets every day,' she added.
Charlotte joined slimming group LighterLife in November 2016, weighing in at 18st 9lb. She is now over 6st lighter at 12st 3lb and a size 12-14.
'After spending far too many years yo-yo dieting, enough was enough,' said Charlotte. 'The weight was really getting me down and I wanted to find myself again.'
You may also want to watch:
Due to her fast-paced lifestyle as a personal assistant, Charlotte relied heavily on convenient and unhealthy food. She's now replaced these snacks with a range of nutritious options and has seen a consultant who helped her to change her mentality towards food and ensure the weight she's lost won't return.
Now, Charlotte feels great both physically and mentally and is finally comfortable within her body.
- 1 Police probe launched after video shows officer kick out
- 2 Queues and pump closures continue across city
- 3 Mum shares heartbreaking poems penned by daughter before death
- 4 Man took sword and axe to confront ex-wife's new partner
- 5 Traffic delays as drivers continue to queue for petrol
- 6 'Goth' mum heckled in street hits back at haters
- 7 Norfolk fuel update: Football match called off as crisis reaches day five
- 8 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 9 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 10 Noise concerns spark more than 40 objections to new city venue bid
'Losing over 6 stone has been life changing. I can honestly say I have enjoyed every part of my journey. I call it my journey because I know it will never end.
'This is a change for life. I am so much more mindful about what my body needs.
'I've discovered that I always show so much love to everybody else yet do not apply the same affection to myself. I always put other people's problems above my own and would never put myself first.'