Norwich woman becomes millionaire through Premium Bonds
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
The month has started with a bang for one lucky person in the city.
A woman in Norwich has won £1m in the Premium Bonds draw for March.
She has £50,000 in Premium Bonds - the maximum amount - but won the jackpot on a £10,000 bond bought in July 2015.
Her number 250KD320334 was randomly selected by an Electronic Random Number Indicator Equipment or ERNIE.
She is the third person to be made a millionaire through Premium Bonds in Norwich - the top prize was also claimed in November 2016 and November 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Across the city there are 8,117 unclaimed prizes worth a total of £284,500 through Premium Bonds.
The highest value prize is £1,000 and seven people in Norwich are yet to claim the cash.
- 1 Tudor Stores reopens as manager resigns over safety fears
- 2 'It's very bad'-Trade decline frustration at stores as roadworks take place
- 3 How Norwich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Teenagers set to be sentenced over stabbing
- 5 Grill van serving gourmet burgers and hot dogs gets residency at city pub
- 6 Police probing reports Norwich clubbers have been spiked by needles
- 7 Virtual reality centre opens in Norwich with huge choice of games
- 8 Caravan catches fire in Norwich
- 9 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 10 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
The oldest unclaimed prize worth £25 - won by a £3 bond - dates back to December 1971.
Have you hit the jackpot? Email email@example.com