Norwich used for new Levi ad
A denim brand renowned for its classic jeans television adverts has used Norwich as a backdrop for some of its latest promotional film footage.Go to the Levi's website
A denim brand renowned for its classic jeans television adverts has used Norwich as a backdrop for some of its latest promotional film footage.
Clothing company Levi's filmed its models wearing its new spring/summer 2010 collection at the 1960s concrete parts of the campus at the University of East Anglia (UEA).
The university's iconic ziggurats - the Norfolk and Suffolk Terrace student residences - also feature prominently in the footage on the Levi's website.
A spokeswoman for Levi's said: 'The UEA was selected as it reflected the spirit of the collegiate inspiration that Levi's have for this season's collection.
You may also want to watch:
'This promotional clip was made for the website and was used to introduce the feeling and mood of this season's Levi's collection.'
She added that the clip was intended for use online rather than on television.
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
A spokeswoman for UEA said: 'We are often approached by companies who want to use our campus as a backdrop to still photography or films.
'We take each case on merit, ensuring that such an activity would not inconvenience staff or students and that the subject matter is not inappropriate.'
Levi's adverts became popular in the mid-80s to late-90s for their quirky style, humour and use of music, from a young man stripping to his boxers in a laundrette, to a futuristic, denim-clad teenage girl coming home late in the family spaceship.
Watch the footage online at http://tinyurl.com/ykncgdw.