Norwich twins with Sir Peter Blake tattoos appear on BBC’s Antiques Roadshow
Two Norwich brothers who have one of the country's best known pop artist's signature tattooed on their arms turned heads when they appeared on a long-running television show.
Twins Rich and Wink Evans, who live in Norwich city centre, appeared on BBC's Antiques Roadshow with items signed by Sir Peter Blake.
Sir Peter, who is best known for his design of the sleeve for the Beatles' album Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, gave the brothers the merchandise after his visit to Norwich last November.
He was in the city for his exhibition of Twenty Years of Print Making at Saint Giles Street Gallery.
He met the brothers at the Philip Browne menswear store in Guildhall Hill where he signed Rich's hand and Wink's arm.
You may also want to watch:
They both later had his signature made permanent at tattoo artist Wink's workplace Factotum in St John Maddermarket. Their items, a cigarette packet, a picture of a Brick Lane wrestler and a record, were valued at up to �1,200 in total.
Rich, 30, who works at Philip Browne, which had a window display to advertise Sir Peter's exhibition last year, said: 'We weren't really bothered about how much they were worth, it was just an excuse to go on the Antiques Roadshow.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 7 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Six new cafes and shops coming to Norwich
- 10 New flights from Norwich Airport to Jersey
'They were pretty enthusiastic about us – you don't get too many people dressed up like us.
'It was quite amusing and everyone had a good laugh.'
The pair went along to the Antiques Roadshow when filming took place at RAF Marham in the summer.
Have you got an unusual story for the Evening News? Call Evening News reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or alternatively email firstname.lastname@example.org