Norwich twins with Sir Peter Blake tattoos appear on BBC’s Antiques Roadshow
Two Norwich brothers who have one of the country's best known pop artist's signature tattooed on their arms turned heads when they appeared on a long-running television show.
Twins Rich and Wink Evans, who live in Norwich city centre, appeared on BBC's Antiques Roadshow with items signed by Sir Peter Blake.
Sir Peter, who is best known for his design of the sleeve for the Beatles' album Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, gave the brothers the merchandise after his visit to Norwich last November.
He was in the city for his exhibition of Twenty Years of Print Making at Saint Giles Street Gallery.
He met the brothers at the Philip Browne menswear store in Guildhall Hill where he signed Rich's hand and Wink's arm.
You may also want to watch:
They both later had his signature made permanent at tattoo artist Wink's workplace Factotum in St John Maddermarket. Their items, a cigarette packet, a picture of a Brick Lane wrestler and a record, were valued at up to �1,200 in total.
Rich, 30, who works at Philip Browne, which had a window display to advertise Sir Peter's exhibition last year, said: 'We weren't really bothered about how much they were worth, it was just an excuse to go on the Antiques Roadshow.
- 1 Ex-Canaries striker seals Championship move
- 2 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 3 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 4 Revealed: New Anglia Square talks take place
- 5 New bid to limit city centre offices being turned into flats
- 6 New hotel could 'destroy character of Norwich Lanes'
- 7 'Dull as dishwater' - Fans in Norwich pub react to draw
- 8 Community shock after teenager knocked unconscious as robbers steal trainers
- 9 Big screen unveiled in pub garden for England's Auld Enemy clash
- 10 Have you visited any of these 'haunted' ruins in Norwich?
'They were pretty enthusiastic about us – you don't get too many people dressed up like us.
'It was quite amusing and everyone had a good laugh.'
The pair went along to the Antiques Roadshow when filming took place at RAF Marham in the summer.
Have you got an unusual story for the Evening News? Call Evening News reporter Kate Scotter on 01603 772326 or alternatively email email@example.com