Norwich to turn into a wonderland of vintage style
Life Matters gets a peak through the vintage looking glass at some of the fashion that will be showcased at the Mad Hatter's Vintage Day during Norwich Fashion Week. Emma Harrowing reports.
Vintage and vintage-inspired fashion is big news on Norwich's fashion front so it is little wonder that clothes from and inspired by the 1930s through to the 1980s will be heavily featured in the shows and events at Norwich Fashion Week.
If you are a fan of all things retro the Mad Hatter's Vintage Tea Party and Fashion Show is the event for you. Taking place on Sunday, September 25 from 11am at The Library Restaurant on Guildhall Hill the event is shaping up to be the place to go for all things vintage.
On the catwalk will be original vintage from Prim Vintage, Antidote, Goldfinches and Lulu Vintage, plus vintage-inspired pieces from Daisy & Lola. Wedding dress designer Jane Kenning will also be showcasing her show-stopping corsetry and wedding dresses.
And for those shopaholics among you a vintage fair in the back room will give you a fashion fix of vintage and vintage-inspired items. Life Matters' must-buy items include fascinators, hair flowers and brooches from Sugar & Hatter, vintage jewellery from Susan Sedon, the peanut butter cupcakes from Cupcakes To Your Door and, of course, fashion from the catwalk from Lulu Vintage and Antidote. Of course, no Mad Hatter's tea party would be complete without a few eats and drinks and so brunch followed by afternoon tea will be served in The Library Restaurant throughout the day and a champagne trolley will be passing through the tea party so that you can enjoy a drink or two as you peruse the vintage delights.
In fact the fashion, food and fair looks so delightful that the Life Matters team might just stay down this vintage rabbit hole forever.
The Mad Hatter's Vintage Day takes place on Sunday, September 25 at The Library Restaurant from 11am until 4.30pm. Tickets cost �5 and can be purchased by calling The Library Restaurant on 01603 616606.
- 1 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 2 REVEALED: New leisure venue replacing Riverside Chinese
- 3 Huge chalet bungalow for sale near Norwich offers 'oasis' for £700k
- 4 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 5 Lakeside proposal gone wrong watched by millions on TikTok
- 6 Restaurant loses walk-in trade after months of roadworks
- 7 Teenager holding knife chases boy along city road
- 8 Final warning for officer following clash between two women and cops
- 9 Dodgy door halts city man's house move by MONTHS
- 10 New courts, please! Tennis controversy continues in Norwich
Norwich Fashion Week takes place between Thursday, September 22 and Thursday, September 29. For all the news on and off the catwalk follow us on Twitter @NorwichFashion or on the Norwich Fashion Week Facebook page.
The full programme of events taking place during Norwich Fashion Week is in your Norwich Evening News today.