Norwich Theatre Royal's tribute to dead Dynasty actor
David BaleThe British actor Christopher Cazenove, who has died aged 64, was a regular at Norwich Theatre Royal and today its chief executive paid tribute to a 'friend'.David Bale
The British actor Christopher Cazenove, who has died aged 64, was a regular at Norwich Theatre Royal and today its chief executive paid tribute to a 'friend'.
Mr Cazenove's last appearances at the Theatre Royal were in the comedy-drama Home Truths in June 1997, and he also starred in the 1997-1998 pantomime Aladdin opposite Nicholas McAuliffe, Desmond Barrit and Rikki Jay.
The TV star, whose mother was a member of Norfolk's Gurney family, was due to play The Narrator in the Rocky Horror Show, which runs at Norwich Theatre Royal on June 7-12.
Peter Wilson, Norwich Theatre Royal chief executive, said: 'Christopher, who appeared at the Theatre Royal twice in the past few years, was also and primarily a friend.
You may also want to watch:
'His personal qualities of intelligence, generosity and thoughtfulness shone through all his performances and made him doubly attractive.
'He was grateful to the public for his terrific career and I never knew him turn away a fan or refuse an autograph. He was an example to us all, and we shall miss him terribly.'
- 1 Green light for more than 250 homes on edge of Norwich
- 2 Road closed after police incident in Norwich
- 3 Five teenagers arrested after boy stabbed in Norwich
- 4 Concern for man who has gone missing
- 5 Teenager in hospital after being stabbed in group attack
- 6 Comedy in the Park and Britannia Pier shows among confirmed 2021 events
- 7 Award-winning Norwich doctor - 'racism made me change my name'
- 8 Bar for sale after businessman scraps reopening project
- 9 Plans for 130 homes and GP surgery backed, despite 'predatory' claim
- 10 Man's body discovered near A47 flyover on edge of Norwich
Mr Cazenove, who was best known for his role in the glitzy 1980s American television series Dynasty, died on April 7 after losing a battle against blood poisoning.
He starred in a string of films and TV shows during his career but will be best remembered for his role on Dynasty.
No decision has yet been made on re-casting Mr Cazenove's role in the Rocky Horror Show.