Norwich Theatre Royal's tribute to dead Dynasty actor
David BaleThe British actor Christopher Cazenove, who has died aged 64, was a regular at Norwich Theatre Royal and today its chief executive paid tribute to a 'friend'.David Bale
The British actor Christopher Cazenove, who has died aged 64, was a regular at Norwich Theatre Royal and today its chief executive paid tribute to a 'friend'.
Mr Cazenove's last appearances at the Theatre Royal were in the comedy-drama Home Truths in June 1997, and he also starred in the 1997-1998 pantomime Aladdin opposite Nicholas McAuliffe, Desmond Barrit and Rikki Jay.
The TV star, whose mother was a member of Norfolk's Gurney family, was due to play The Narrator in the Rocky Horror Show, which runs at Norwich Theatre Royal on June 7-12.
Peter Wilson, Norwich Theatre Royal chief executive, said: 'Christopher, who appeared at the Theatre Royal twice in the past few years, was also and primarily a friend.
You may also want to watch:
'His personal qualities of intelligence, generosity and thoughtfulness shone through all his performances and made him doubly attractive.
'He was grateful to the public for his terrific career and I never knew him turn away a fan or refuse an autograph. He was an example to us all, and we shall miss him terribly.'
- 1 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 4 Financial clause revealed in Rashica move to Norwich City
- 5 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 6 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 7 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 8 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 9 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 10 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
Mr Cazenove, who was best known for his role in the glitzy 1980s American television series Dynasty, died on April 7 after losing a battle against blood poisoning.
He starred in a string of films and TV shows during his career but will be best remembered for his role on Dynasty.
No decision has yet been made on re-casting Mr Cazenove's role in the Rocky Horror Show.