Norwich Theatre Royal's tribute to dead Dynasty actor
David BaleThe British actor Christopher Cazenove, who has died aged 64, was a regular at Norwich Theatre Royal and today its chief executive paid tribute to a 'friend'.David Bale
The British actor Christopher Cazenove, who has died aged 64, was a regular at Norwich Theatre Royal and today its chief executive paid tribute to a 'friend'.
Mr Cazenove's last appearances at the Theatre Royal were in the comedy-drama Home Truths in June 1997, and he also starred in the 1997-1998 pantomime Aladdin opposite Nicholas McAuliffe, Desmond Barrit and Rikki Jay.
The TV star, whose mother was a member of Norfolk's Gurney family, was due to play The Narrator in the Rocky Horror Show, which runs at Norwich Theatre Royal on June 7-12.
Peter Wilson, Norwich Theatre Royal chief executive, said: 'Christopher, who appeared at the Theatre Royal twice in the past few years, was also and primarily a friend.
You may also want to watch:
'His personal qualities of intelligence, generosity and thoughtfulness shone through all his performances and made him doubly attractive.
'He was grateful to the public for his terrific career and I never knew him turn away a fan or refuse an autograph. He was an example to us all, and we shall miss him terribly.'
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 4 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 5 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 6 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 7 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 8 Should straight people go into queer clubs and bars?
- 9 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 10 Norwich man wanted by police
Mr Cazenove, who was best known for his role in the glitzy 1980s American television series Dynasty, died on April 7 after losing a battle against blood poisoning.
He starred in a string of films and TV shows during his career but will be best remembered for his role on Dynasty.
No decision has yet been made on re-casting Mr Cazenove's role in the Rocky Horror Show.