Norwich Theatre Royal’s pantomime is ready to go
- Credit: Archant
The first dress rehearsal for Norwich Theatre Royal's Christmas pantomime went underway today.
Sleeping Beauty, with a Norfolk twist will be taking to the stage from tomorrow until Sunday, January 14.
Eastenders actor, Gillian Wright has left Albert Square to play the role as the panto baddie.
The show is full of spectacular moments, including a dismantled car, Ultra Violet, Water and lots of flying.
The local-based pantomime features a lot of the cast locally from Norfolk and Waveney. Some of the props were made in Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Richard Gauntlett, writer and director of this year's pantomime, said: 'We've put in a lot of hard work and we've included the fun for the children and also humour for the adults. This show is for anyone from the age of three to 103.'
For more information and to book tickets, visit theatreroyalnorwich.co.uk or call 01603 630000.
- 1 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 2 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 3 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 4 Chaos on ‘free-for-all' city street after double yellows disappear
- 5 Mayhem across city as drivers race to the petrol pumps
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 7 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 8 Norfolk to be hit by weekend bus cancellations due to driver shortage
- 9 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 10 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day