Norwich tenants getting new windows
David BaleCouncil tenants in Mile Cross, Norwich have been reassured that replacement windows should be fitted at their homes before the end of summer.David Bale
Council tenants in Mile Cross, Norwich have been reassured that replacement windows should be fitted at their homes before the end of summer.
Norwich North MP Chloe Smith has been urging Norwich City Council to carry out urgent repairs at houses in Bowers Avenue, Mile Cross. She wrote to the city council to inform officers about the poor conditions of the windows in the street and of the possible danger this posed to vulnerable residents.
A Norwich City Council spokeswoman said today: 'Following a piece in Thursday's Evening News about the matter, we were disappointed that we were not given the opportunity to comment until now.
'We would like to provide the reassurance that making sure people have quality windows that go a long way to keeping them warm and secure and heating bills affordable is a top priority for the council.
You may also want to watch:
'This is why additional funding was pumped into the window replacement programme some time ago to bring the completion date from 2016 to December 2011.
'Homes in Bowers Avenue are being surveyed currently and on this basis we would expect to have these fitted and complete before the end of the summer.' Miss Smith said that was 'good news'.
- 1 Centre takes action after IT failure causes long queues for Covid jab
- 2 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 3 Can you rehome this Terrier who has spent nine years at animal sanctuary?
- 4 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 7 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 8 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 9 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 10 Four fire crews called to car blaze in Norwich garage