Norwich tenants getting new windows
David BaleCouncil tenants in Mile Cross, Norwich have been reassured that replacement windows should be fitted at their homes before the end of summer.David Bale
Council tenants in Mile Cross, Norwich have been reassured that replacement windows should be fitted at their homes before the end of summer.
Norwich North MP Chloe Smith has been urging Norwich City Council to carry out urgent repairs at houses in Bowers Avenue, Mile Cross. She wrote to the city council to inform officers about the poor conditions of the windows in the street and of the possible danger this posed to vulnerable residents.
A Norwich City Council spokeswoman said today: 'Following a piece in Thursday's Evening News about the matter, we were disappointed that we were not given the opportunity to comment until now.
'We would like to provide the reassurance that making sure people have quality windows that go a long way to keeping them warm and secure and heating bills affordable is a top priority for the council.
'This is why additional funding was pumped into the window replacement programme some time ago to bring the completion date from 2016 to December 2011.
'Homes in Bowers Avenue are being surveyed currently and on this basis we would expect to have these fitted and complete before the end of the summer.' Miss Smith said that was 'good news'.
- 1 Teen slapped with six points on licence - but she can't even drive
- 2 Changes on the way for listed pub after plans given green light
- 3 Can you spot yourself in the Lord Mayor's Procession crowd?
- 4 Everything you need to know ahead of the Great Norwich Duck Race
- 5 Pupils reach for the rainbow for Norwich Pride Schools Week
- 6 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 7 Pirates, dragons and fireworks light up Lord Mayor's celebrations
- 8 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 9 'Our lives changed forever' - Parents pay tribute to six-week-old Chloe
- 10 Buses damaged in city centre collision