Norwich teenager to compete in Miss Teen Great Britain pageant
- Credit: Archant
A 14-year-old girl from Norwich with a place in the final of a national teen beauty pageant is fundraising for a children's charity.
Anais Rider, from Costessey, will take part in the grand final of Miss Junior Teen Great Britain 2018, after winning Miss Junior Teen Norwich, and competing with hundreds of teenagers from across the UK to secure her spot.
And as part of the competition she is fundraising for the charity Together for Short Lives, which she described as a really worthy cause.
Anais said: 'I am so excited to have made it to the final.
'It is a great achievement, as there were so many gorgeous semi-finalists.'
The final of the competition will be held at The Globe in Blackpool, on Sunday, October 21.
Anais added; 'Making it to the grand final is something I have wanted to do for a long time.
- 1 'Barcelona-style' redevelopment of Next store mooted
- 2 5 affordable homes for first-time buyers currently for sale in Norwich
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 5 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 6 9 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Norwich
- 7 We built this city: Meet the firm behind some of Norwich's famous landmarks
- 8 Is this fish and chip-themed afternoon tea the perfect Jubilee treat?
- 9 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 10 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
'Now I have made it this far I have all my fingers crossed I will be able to win.
'This is not like anything else I have ever done before, but with help from my family I have the confidence to try.'
'But it's not just about trying to win a competition.
'Miss Teen Great Britain is supporting the charity Together for Short Lives which is a really worthy cause and one that I am going to be fundraising for.'
Anais and her family attended the Costessey fete where they ran a collection stall for the charity, and raised almost £100 of her £500 target.
Donations can be made to Anais' JustGiving page.