Norwich teenage beauty in top model contest
A teenage model from Norwich needs your votes to help her reach the final of a national beauty competition.
Marina Maytum, 15 and from the Oak Street area, has reached the semi-finals of the Teen Queen UK 2011 beauty competition.
The Hewett School student will next month appear on the Teen Queen UK website alongside other models in her semi-final heat and the two that get the most votes will win a place in the competition's grand final in London next year.
Marina said: 'I am hoping I can prove myself and make Norwich proud. Winning a place in the final would mean everything to me. I have always wanted to be a model ever since I was little. I am very motivated and determined, and it is everything that I want to do.'
Marina, who is currently in year 11 at school, said one of the models she looks up to is Kate Moss. While Marina is keen to pursue modelling as a career, she said she also hopes to study business at City College Norwich next year as a back up plan because she realises how difficult it is to break into the modelling industry. Her modelling achievements so far include being a finalist in Model of the Year 2009 at the Kerri Parker Academy in Norwich, appearing on a Chapelfield advert and modelling for a student fashion magazine.
You may also want to watch:
She also does modelling for her friends who are studying photography at college.
Marina should appear in the online semi-final heat of Teen Queen UK 2011 either between October 1 and 15 or October 16 and 31.
- 1 Boss puts Queen Anne family home up for sale for £1.325m
- 2 Streets of Norwich packed as lockdown rules ease
- 3 Tables fill at restaurants and pubs as bar serves 450 on reopening day
- 4 Vulnerable 15-year-old brought to Norwich from London to deal drugs
- 5 Robbie Savage: 'Never mind Stuart Webber, it's all down to me'
- 6 Landlord fined £6,100 for state of Norwich apartment block
- 7 Third time lucky for historic pub's reopening
- 8 Extinction Rebellion protesters arrested for smashing Barclays windows
- 9 Work starts to transform former bakery into £13m site
- 10 Norwich pub's shock after city council refuse outdoor seating bid
The website address is http://missteenqueenuk.com and includes details of how to vote.
Are you trying to break through in a national competition? Call Emma Knights on 01603 772428 or email email@example.com.