Teenager raises more than £1,000 through headshave
- Credit: Chelsea Pegg
A 19-year-old has raised more than £1,000 after shaving her head in support of a mental health charity.
Chelsea Pegg, from Norwich, wanted to raise money for Norfolk and Waveney Mind after her own struggles with mental health.
She shaved off her long locks on Thursday, January 14, and has raised £1,140 so far for the charity.
The 19-year-old, who is now sporting a pink crop hairstyle, said: "I just wanted to raise money for a charity close to heart and home."
Due to the pandemic, the charity's support and wellbeing groups are currently suspended. Its community roots service will still go ahead in an open space and under restrictions.
You may also want to watch:
Beth Twite, Fundraising Manager at Norfolk and Waveney Mind, said: “Thank you so much to Chelsea for her fantastic fundraising effort, and all those who have sponsored her.
“The money raised will help support our much-needed mental health services across the region.”
To donate to Chelsea's fund visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/chelsea-pegg
- 1 Emma Thompson and Daryl McCormack arrive in Norwich for filming
- 2 A small gesture that shows why Norwich City are a class apart
- 3 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 4 Seven peaceful spots in Norwich to meet your bubble
- 5 Flagship Debenhams building goes up for sale or rent
- 6 Owner of Norwich crazy golf course retires leaving 'wonderful legacy'
- 7 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 8 How knitting army of teddy bears helped Ruth, 92, in lockdown
- 9 Revealed: Mammoth and T-Rex feature in next GoGo trails
- 10 Furloughed pilot starts his own rum business