Teenager raises more than £1,000 through headshave
- Credit: Chelsea Pegg
A 19-year-old has raised more than £1,000 after shaving her head in support of a mental health charity.
Chelsea Pegg, from Norwich, wanted to raise money for Norfolk and Waveney Mind after her own struggles with mental health.
She shaved off her long locks on Thursday, January 14, and has raised £1,140 so far for the charity.
The 19-year-old, who is now sporting a pink crop hairstyle, said: "I just wanted to raise money for a charity close to heart and home."
Due to the pandemic, the charity's support and wellbeing groups are currently suspended. Its community roots service will still go ahead in an open space and under restrictions.
You may also want to watch:
Beth Twite, Fundraising Manager at Norfolk and Waveney Mind, said: “Thank you so much to Chelsea for her fantastic fundraising effort, and all those who have sponsored her.
“The money raised will help support our much-needed mental health services across the region.”
To donate to Chelsea's fund visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/chelsea-pegg
- 1 'Eyesore' bus won't be removed despite neighbours' pleas
- 2 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 3 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 4 Neighbours' terror as bleeding man found in garden after street fight
- 5 Huge Gothic home on edge of city cemetery is for sale for £1.2m
- 6 'Such a shame': Social media scammer targets Norwich pub
- 7 Man killed after collision with double-decker bus on A146 named
- 8 'Significant' amount of cash and electronics stolen from city home
- 9 'Neighbours ran outside screaming' during street fight in Golden Triangle
- 10 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students