Norwich teaching assistant becomes Instagram star after shedding four stone
- Credit: andrew peck
A teaching assistant from Norwich has found social media success after sharing his slimming journey with the people of Instagram.
In summer 2017 Andrew Peck from Mousehold Street found himself struggling with his weight and suffering from dangerously high blood pressure.
Doctors prescribed medication but the high dosage made the 42-year-old unwell.
Feeling as though he was running out of options, Mr Peck went with his wife to a local Slimming World Group and after much work, has drastically improved his health.
'Since joining Slimming World last summer I have lost four stone. I went to the doctors last week and was told that my blood pressure is now at a safe level,' he said.
'I decided to start sharing my slimming journey on social media and in January I created an Instagram account. This was initially as a vessel for posting pictures of food, but as the followers began to increase I realised I was benefitting massively from the inspirational comments and food ideas people were leaving me.'
Mr Peck has amassed almost 11,000 followers on Instagram, where he shares photos of his Slimming World recipes, his body transformation and family life.
- 1 Sweet Briar Road to reopen TODAY
- 2 Norwich pub selling out on Sundays with new head chef's roast dinners
- 3 Norwich pub to host street party with Caribbean BBQ, DJs and stalls
- 4 Chaos at major airports sees demand for Norwich flights increase 400pc
- 5 New Tesco store opens in city centre
- 6 EXCLUSIVE: US tycoons in Norwich City investment talks
- 7 Revealed: Your favourite fish and chip shop in Norfolk
- 8 Rumours Sweet Briar Road will close again QUASHED by council
- 9 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 10 Wakey wakey! Church bells pose dilemma to swanky flats plan
He added: 'If I ever feel like I'm on the verge of quitting Slimming World, I think of the followers and continue my journey.'
You can follow him at Instagram.com/slimmingworld_bloke/