Dramatic before and after lockdown haircuts as stylists get busy
- Credit: Archant
From pixie cuts to extensions, colours, balayages and curls ... Norwich hairdressers and barbers say they have never been busier.
Salon owners welcomed back customers earlier this month after lockdown with people desperate to get a trim or restyle.
Reopening has meant scrupulous attention to hygiene and safety measures including staff wearing visors and customers donning masks.
The bosses of barber shop, Esquire Hair Studio, in Ber Street run by Dean Cooper and business partner Shaun King, use an antimicrobial fogging machine to clean the shop and kill bacteria and germs before customers come in.
“We will be doing this on a regular basis as we want to ensure that the shop is as clean and bacteria free as possible and that all our customers feel comfortable and safe when getting their haircut through this pandemic.” Mr Cooper said.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile a new trend has emerged with stylists and customers posting before and after lockdown images on social media, even purchasing special lights in the salon to create the best effect. Colour is one of the main services being requested. At Garner Hairdressers in St Giles Street, they posted some dramatic before and after pictures with one customer deciding to go from brown to bleached blonde and another from black to red.
- 1 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 2 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 3 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 4 Tenant's despair as council fixes his windows by screwing them shut
- 5 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 6 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 7 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop
- 8 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 9 Fish and chip shop offering battered birthday cake to celebrate 50 years
- 10 Nearly 4,000 people wait for council homes - but fewer than 200 available