Joy for Norwich students at regional heat of international quiz championship
- Credit: Sam Walden
A regional heat of the UK International Kids' Lit Quiz was held at Dereham's Neatherd High School and saw 28 teams from 20 Norfolk schools taking part.
The literary quiz encourages students to read for pleasure and creates an awareness of genre, authors and titles. Authors Alex Scarrow, Alexander Gordon Smith and Mitch Johnson also made up a team.
After 10 rounds of questions relating to a wide and varied knowledge of books, authors and literature links, hosted by the founder of the 'sport of reading' quiz Wayne Mills, the City of Norwich School emerged as the winners, followed by Taverham and Litcham.
CNS will now head to the national final in London next month, hoping to make it to the international final in New Zealand in 2018.
Lorraine Gill, Dereham Neatherd Librarian, said she was delighted to see so many students taking part and was impressed with their knowledge.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 2 Red kite battles with peregrine falcon above Norwich Cathedral
- 3 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 4 Norwich Ikea store excluded from new 'Buy Back' scheme
- 5 Man taken to hospital after assault in Norwich shop
- 6 Hollywood actors use Norwich hair salon
- 7 Music pub builds outdoor stage to allow gigs for 150 people
- 8 Filipino fried chicken chain Jollibee to open Norwich branch
- 9 Teen in serious condition after bank holiday crash
- 10 Meet Norwich's pub detective shining a light on the city's past