Norwich students put on street style exhibition for Norwich Fashion Week
- Credit: Archant
Street style is a growing phenomena that puts your style at the forefront of fashion. It's a backlash against what fashion dictates us to wear as, after all, clothes can only truly be a fashion trend if people wear them.
At the big fashion weeks such as London, street style has given ordinary people the chance to be papped by fashion magazines, bloggers and style hunters, taking the phrase 'five minutes of fame' to new fashion heights.
Bringing street style to Norwich Fashion Week are student photographers from City College Norwich. Led by tutor Jon Clark the students have been out and about around the city capturing what people are actually wearing. The results can be seen from tomorrow at a special pre-Norwich Fashion Week photography exhibition in The Forum.
The exhibition will then move to Norwich Castle for the Skin II – On the Streets event which celebrates street style in all its forms. Free-running, live tattooing, the chance to see a fashion shoot take place and an exhibition depicting street style through the ages, brings a new element to Norwich Fashion Week.
You can a collection of the students street style photography by clicking on the link at the top right of this page.
You may also want to watch:
The Street Style exhibition takes place in The Forum until Wednesday, March 6. The Skin II event at Norwich Castle takes place on Saturday, March 9 between 10am and 4.30pm.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 4 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 5 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 6 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 7 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 8 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 9 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 10 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
For more information and for a full list of the shows and events taking place during Norwich Fashion Week see our Norwich Fashion Week pages.