Norwich students put on street style exhibition for Norwich Fashion Week
- Credit: Archant
Street style is a growing phenomena that puts your style at the forefront of fashion. It's a backlash against what fashion dictates us to wear as, after all, clothes can only truly be a fashion trend if people wear them.
At the big fashion weeks such as London, street style has given ordinary people the chance to be papped by fashion magazines, bloggers and style hunters, taking the phrase 'five minutes of fame' to new fashion heights.
Bringing street style to Norwich Fashion Week are student photographers from City College Norwich. Led by tutor Jon Clark the students have been out and about around the city capturing what people are actually wearing. The results can be seen from tomorrow at a special pre-Norwich Fashion Week photography exhibition in The Forum.
The exhibition will then move to Norwich Castle for the Skin II – On the Streets event which celebrates street style in all its forms. Free-running, live tattooing, the chance to see a fashion shoot take place and an exhibition depicting street style through the ages, brings a new element to Norwich Fashion Week.
You can a collection of the students street style photography by clicking on the link at the top right of this page.
The Street Style exhibition takes place in The Forum until Wednesday, March 6. The Skin II event at Norwich Castle takes place on Saturday, March 9 between 10am and 4.30pm.
- 1 Two neighbouring properties go up for sale - and they both need some TLC
- 2 All you need to know ahead of the Lord Mayor's Celebration 2022
- 3 Road closures revealed for Lord Mayor's Celebration
- 4 Buses damaged in city centre collision
- 5 Vehicles worth £50k stolen from Royal Norfolk Show
- 6 Blaze sees 20 passengers evacuated from city bus
- 7 New pub landlord welcomes back families and introduces street food menu
- 8 Fine dining Indian restaurant named best in region at awards
- 9 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 10 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
For more information and for a full list of the shows and events taking place during Norwich Fashion Week see our Norwich Fashion Week pages.