Norwich students put on street style exhibition for Norwich Fashion Week
- Credit: Archant
Street style is a growing phenomena that puts your style at the forefront of fashion. It's a backlash against what fashion dictates us to wear as, after all, clothes can only truly be a fashion trend if people wear them.
At the big fashion weeks such as London, street style has given ordinary people the chance to be papped by fashion magazines, bloggers and style hunters, taking the phrase 'five minutes of fame' to new fashion heights.
Bringing street style to Norwich Fashion Week are student photographers from City College Norwich. Led by tutor Jon Clark the students have been out and about around the city capturing what people are actually wearing. The results can be seen from tomorrow at a special pre-Norwich Fashion Week photography exhibition in The Forum.
The exhibition will then move to Norwich Castle for the Skin II – On the Streets event which celebrates street style in all its forms. Free-running, live tattooing, the chance to see a fashion shoot take place and an exhibition depicting street style through the ages, brings a new element to Norwich Fashion Week.
You can a collection of the students street style photography by clicking on the link at the top right of this page.
You may also want to watch:
The Street Style exhibition takes place in The Forum until Wednesday, March 6. The Skin II event at Norwich Castle takes place on Saturday, March 9 between 10am and 4.30pm.
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 3 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 4 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 5 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 6 The roadworks you need to know about in Norwich this week
- 7 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 New sculpture trail launched for park near Norwich
- 10 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
For more information and for a full list of the shows and events taking place during Norwich Fashion Week see our Norwich Fashion Week pages.