Norwich student’s journey to show business
One of Norwich's sensations from a local talent contest has vowed to make her mark on the show business world.
City Academy Norwich student Rute Banon, aged 16, took part in the CAN's Got Talent Event last year and has been continuing to perfect her skills as a singer and dancer, blogging some of her performances online.
She performed Elton John's Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word at the talent show and said: 'I wasn't nervous at all and I was more comfortably on stage.
'Hopefully one day I will do this full time.'
She is currently studying her first year of A levels.
You may also want to watch:
Originally from Portugal, Rute now lives on Dereham Road in the city and is on the look out for as many opportunities as possible to use her vocal and dancing skills.
'I think there are more opportunities for me here in Norwich,' she said.
- 1 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 2 Bookshop to close with clothing store set to move in
- 3 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
- 4 See inside renovated 1950s Norwich factory apartment for sale for £350,000
- 5 Bus routes affected by driver shortages in Norwich
- 6 Calls to stop major development in expanding village
- 7 Streets in Norwich close for car-free day
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 What are your memories of Castle Quarter?
- 10 Police appeal for witnesses after pedestrian struck by car on A47
To see Rute's performances visit www.twitvid.com/TBXEU or find her on www.youtube.co.uk