Norwich student’s journey to show business
One of Norwich's sensations from a local talent contest has vowed to make her mark on the show business world.
City Academy Norwich student Rute Banon, aged 16, took part in the CAN's Got Talent Event last year and has been continuing to perfect her skills as a singer and dancer, blogging some of her performances online.
She performed Elton John's Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word at the talent show and said: 'I wasn't nervous at all and I was more comfortably on stage.
'Hopefully one day I will do this full time.'
She is currently studying her first year of A levels.
You may also want to watch:
Originally from Portugal, Rute now lives on Dereham Road in the city and is on the look out for as many opportunities as possible to use her vocal and dancing skills.
'I think there are more opportunities for me here in Norwich,' she said.
- 1 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 2 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 3 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 4 Jubilant scenes as pub punters enjoy first city Friday night back
- 5 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 6 Churros and Chorizo to open park cafe near Norwich
- 7 Police quiz man over murder and three attempted murders
- 8 Probe into woman's death continues following suspected arson
- 9 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 10 'I ran for my life' - Neighbour who saw fatal row tells of terror
To see Rute's performances visit www.twitvid.com/TBXEU or find her on www.youtube.co.uk