Norwich student’s journey to show business
One of Norwich's sensations from a local talent contest has vowed to make her mark on the show business world.
City Academy Norwich student Rute Banon, aged 16, took part in the CAN's Got Talent Event last year and has been continuing to perfect her skills as a singer and dancer, blogging some of her performances online.
She performed Elton John's Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word at the talent show and said: 'I wasn't nervous at all and I was more comfortably on stage.
'Hopefully one day I will do this full time.'
She is currently studying her first year of A levels.
You may also want to watch:
Originally from Portugal, Rute now lives on Dereham Road in the city and is on the look out for as many opportunities as possible to use her vocal and dancing skills.
'I think there are more opportunities for me here in Norwich,' she said.
- 1 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 8 Drink-driver caught on flyover after police spot 'worrying' driving
- 9 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 10 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
To see Rute's performances visit www.twitvid.com/TBXEU or find her on www.youtube.co.uk