Norwich student’s journey to show business
One of Norwich's sensations from a local talent contest has vowed to make her mark on the show business world.
City Academy Norwich student Rute Banon, aged 16, took part in the CAN's Got Talent Event last year and has been continuing to perfect her skills as a singer and dancer, blogging some of her performances online.
She performed Elton John's Sorry Seems to be the Hardest Word at the talent show and said: 'I wasn't nervous at all and I was more comfortably on stage.
'Hopefully one day I will do this full time.'
She is currently studying her first year of A levels.
Originally from Portugal, Rute now lives on Dereham Road in the city and is on the look out for as many opportunities as possible to use her vocal and dancing skills.
'I think there are more opportunities for me here in Norwich,' she said.
- 1 City teen named Ikea drops furniture brand as first name
- 2 Norwich chippy ranked as one of best in UK
- 3 Escaped giant eagle owl spotted in Norwich city centre
- 4 Toddler died after getting trapped between stair gates
- 5 City flat with spiral staircase and balcony bedroom for sale for £190k
- 6 Owner of 'thriving' cheesecake business now looking to open shop
- 7 'She died alone': Plea to raise funds for Ruth who died before Christmas
- 8 'It drives my wife crazy' - See inside Norwich fan's footy mancave
- 9 Schools face classroom closures due to Covid
- 10 Wrestler sheds five stone in one last bid to chase his American dream
To see Rute's performances visit www.twitvid.com/TBXEU or find her on www.youtube.co.uk