Slimmers in Norwich area lose 615 stone in less than a year
- Credit: Archant
Slimmers from groups around Norwich have lost a total of 615 stone since the beginning of the year.
Members of Rachael Smith's Slimming World groups in Old Catton, Bignold and Oak Grove Chapel have reached the milestone and 45 of those have achieved their dream weight.
'Reaching this milestone as a group just proves the huge change that all her members have made to their lives, some people who've lost big amounts of weight have probably even saved their lives,' said Rachael. 'It's brilliant to celebrate together as well because that's how they have been losing weight, together. Every week they support and encourage each other and share tips and recipes, and on top of that have a lot of fun in group.'
One of those members was Angela who joined with her mum, dad and sister-in-law. Together the family lost more than nine and a half stone, with Angela losing nearly two and a half stone on her own.
Rachael added: 'I'm delighted that my members have lost weight so beautifully. It has made a big difference to their lives and to their whole families' lives, and all of them are happier and healthier now.'
You may also want to watch:
Following this success, Rachael is now launching a new group at Sprowston Community Academy every Tuesday at 5.30pm and 7.30pm.
- 1 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 2 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 3 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 4 Community in shock as murder investigation launched
- 5 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 6 Suburb's shock after mugging attempt leaves teen laying on path
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 9 Cyclist punched in the face during unprovoked attack turned away by GP
- 10 Norwich man crowned Britain's Best Young Chef