Norwich shoppers urged to buy Christmas gifts for victims of domestic abuse
Shoppers are being urged to bring some festive cheer to youngsters who are fleeing domestic abuse.
People can drop off gifts to the Castle Mall or to the Skipton Building Society in London Street in aid of Leeway Domestic Violence and Abuse Services. The presents will be given to children who have been victims of domestic violence.
Christmas is a busy period for the Norwich-based charity which says many adults and their children flee domestic violence in the family home at this time of year.
The charity has also launched a Christmas poster campaign in Norwich's shopping centres and a mirror sticker campaign in the city's nightclubs to highlight how their services are available over the festive period.
Mandy Proctor, Leeway's chief executive, said: 'We are aware that money will be tight this Christmas for many families but we feel it is more important than ever to hold a gift appeal, as without it there are many local children who won't receive a gift on Christmas morning.
'If you can kindly purchase an extra child-friendly gift amongst your festive shop to donate to the appeal, we can hopefully bring a little joy to their Christmas Day.
'These gifts are gratefully received, particularly during a difficult time for our service users.'
- 1 House swap sees woman move into home infested with fleas
- 2 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 3 Sweet Briar Road 'still on track' to reopen by end of May
- 4 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 5 £3,000 worth of beauty products stolen from Sainsbury's store
- 6 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless
- 7 High-end boutique reopens in its former shop
- 8 Eight-bed detached house in NR3 up for auction for £300k
- 9 Woman with incurable cancer left devastated after car and jewellery stolen
- 10 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music
Gifts need to be donated by this Sunday. People can also make a donation through Leeway's Christmas Letter from Santa Campaign. For a �4 donation, they will send a personal message to a child including some sparkly reindeer food. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.