Norwich shoppers urged to buy Christmas gifts for victims of domestic abuse
Shoppers are being urged to bring some festive cheer to youngsters who are fleeing domestic abuse.
People can drop off gifts to the Castle Mall or to the Skipton Building Society in London Street in aid of Leeway Domestic Violence and Abuse Services. The presents will be given to children who have been victims of domestic violence.
Christmas is a busy period for the Norwich-based charity which says many adults and their children flee domestic violence in the family home at this time of year.
The charity has also launched a Christmas poster campaign in Norwich's shopping centres and a mirror sticker campaign in the city's nightclubs to highlight how their services are available over the festive period.
Mandy Proctor, Leeway's chief executive, said: 'We are aware that money will be tight this Christmas for many families but we feel it is more important than ever to hold a gift appeal, as without it there are many local children who won't receive a gift on Christmas morning.
You may also want to watch:
'If you can kindly purchase an extra child-friendly gift amongst your festive shop to donate to the appeal, we can hopefully bring a little joy to their Christmas Day.
'These gifts are gratefully received, particularly during a difficult time for our service users.'
- 1 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads
- 2 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 3 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 4 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 5 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 6 Roadworks to be aware of in Norwich this week
- 7 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 8 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 9 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 10 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
Gifts need to be donated by this Sunday. People can also make a donation through Leeway's Christmas Letter from Santa Campaign. For a �4 donation, they will send a personal message to a child including some sparkly reindeer food. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.