Norwich shoppers reach for the bras
Mary HamiltonShoppers in Norwich had a surprise this weekend from singers championing better fitting bras.Mary Hamilton
Shoppers in Norwich had a surprise this weekend from singers championing better fitting bras.
A choir of women congregated in Norwich market place and serenaded passers-by with subtly modified tunes including 'Simply the breast' and 'Bras lift us up where we belong'.
Women were also urged to sign a petition pledging to give their breasts the support they deserved.
The event was organised by underwear retailer Bravissimo, which specialises in lingerie and clothing for women with larger breasts.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich store manager Jenny Dealey said: 'The main aim of the day was about getting women to feel good about their figures, enjoy their shape, and of course feel confident.
Onlooker Sarah Morgan, 32, from Norwich said: 'I'd never seen so many people stop on the high street. There was a huge gathering of girls pledging to sign their support.'
- 1 Enjoy afternoon tea on Britain's poshest train departing from Norwich
- 2 'No help to us' - Mixed views on £6.1m street revamp
- 3 Business fears for Christmas trade if council doesn't fix traffic 'chaos'
- 4 £6.1m shopping street revamp will take half of 2022 to complete
- 5 'She shouted for 90 minutes': Councillor guilty of harassing railway staff
- 6 Child sex abuse victim: 'I'm still angry, but haven't let him ruin my life'
- 7 Norfolk man jailed for historic child sex abuse offences
- 8 'Disaster from start to finish': Parents slam school for failing kids
- 9 People in Norwich fined £21k for failing to pay for prescriptions
- 10 Resurfacing works to see closures on three busy city roads