Norwich shoppers reach for the bras
Mary HamiltonShoppers in Norwich had a surprise this weekend from singers championing better fitting bras.Mary Hamilton
Shoppers in Norwich had a surprise this weekend from singers championing better fitting bras.
A choir of women congregated in Norwich market place and serenaded passers-by with subtly modified tunes including 'Simply the breast' and 'Bras lift us up where we belong'.
Women were also urged to sign a petition pledging to give their breasts the support they deserved.
The event was organised by underwear retailer Bravissimo, which specialises in lingerie and clothing for women with larger breasts.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich store manager Jenny Dealey said: 'The main aim of the day was about getting women to feel good about their figures, enjoy their shape, and of course feel confident.
Onlooker Sarah Morgan, 32, from Norwich said: 'I'd never seen so many people stop on the high street. There was a huge gathering of girls pledging to sign their support.'
- 1 Woman taken to hospital after police incident in Norwich
- 2 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 3 Man due in court charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 4 Man, 47, in court on murder charge after Thorpe stabbing
- 5 Story behind this famous photo of when Norwich went electric in 1957
- 6 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 7 Pet carer service's appeal to survive after Covid and faulty van struggles
- 8 Public invited to have say on plans to convert derelict pub
- 9 Sweepers clean up in city after busy Saturday night - and punters behave
- 10 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance