Norwich shoppers reach for the bras
Mary HamiltonShoppers in Norwich had a surprise this weekend from singers championing better fitting bras.Mary Hamilton
Shoppers in Norwich had a surprise this weekend from singers championing better fitting bras.
A choir of women congregated in Norwich market place and serenaded passers-by with subtly modified tunes including 'Simply the breast' and 'Bras lift us up where we belong'.
Women were also urged to sign a petition pledging to give their breasts the support they deserved.
The event was organised by underwear retailer Bravissimo, which specialises in lingerie and clothing for women with larger breasts.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich store manager Jenny Dealey said: 'The main aim of the day was about getting women to feel good about their figures, enjoy their shape, and of course feel confident.
Onlooker Sarah Morgan, 32, from Norwich said: 'I'd never seen so many people stop on the high street. There was a huge gathering of girls pledging to sign their support.'
- 1 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 2 Six people arrested after man in 50s was stabbed in Norwich
- 3 Hethersett student offered place at prestigious music school
- 4 Work under way to build new Lidl alongside NDR
- 5 Office plan revealed for part of disused city pub
- 6 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack
- 7 Traffic shake-ups put forward for four roads in Norwich
- 8 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 9 Man seriously injured after crash
- 10 Fears planning shake-up will threaten Norwich city centre