Norwich shoppers reach for the bras
Mary HamiltonShoppers in Norwich had a surprise this weekend from singers championing better fitting bras.Mary Hamilton
Shoppers in Norwich had a surprise this weekend from singers championing better fitting bras.
A choir of women congregated in Norwich market place and serenaded passers-by with subtly modified tunes including 'Simply the breast' and 'Bras lift us up where we belong'.
Women were also urged to sign a petition pledging to give their breasts the support they deserved.
The event was organised by underwear retailer Bravissimo, which specialises in lingerie and clothing for women with larger breasts.
Norwich store manager Jenny Dealey said: 'The main aim of the day was about getting women to feel good about their figures, enjoy their shape, and of course feel confident.
Onlooker Sarah Morgan, 32, from Norwich said: 'I'd never seen so many people stop on the high street. There was a huge gathering of girls pledging to sign their support.'
- 1 Michael McIntyre and Robert Rinder spotted at Carrow Road
- 2 Single mum resorts to sleeping in her car due to 'unlivable' flat
- 3 Norwich man charged with kidnap after posing as a taxi driver
- 4 Riverside pub undergoes £80k refurb in time for summer
- 5 Your chance to meet The Bill star who has moved to Norfolk
- 6 City burger joint takes beef off the menu
- 7 Team behind Golden Triangle pub take on Edith Cavell in Norwich
- 8 Major changes coming to the sale of domestic fuels
- 9 Eleventh McDonald's drive-thru could be set for Norwich
- 10 Party in the Park coming to Norwich with global food, stalls and music