Norwich shoppers reach for the bras
Mary HamiltonShoppers in Norwich had a surprise this weekend from singers championing better fitting bras.Mary Hamilton
Shoppers in Norwich had a surprise this weekend from singers championing better fitting bras.
A choir of women congregated in Norwich market place and serenaded passers-by with subtly modified tunes including 'Simply the breast' and 'Bras lift us up where we belong'.
Women were also urged to sign a petition pledging to give their breasts the support they deserved.
The event was organised by underwear retailer Bravissimo, which specialises in lingerie and clothing for women with larger breasts.
You may also want to watch:
Norwich store manager Jenny Dealey said: 'The main aim of the day was about getting women to feel good about their figures, enjoy their shape, and of course feel confident.
Onlooker Sarah Morgan, 32, from Norwich said: 'I'd never seen so many people stop on the high street. There was a huge gathering of girls pledging to sign their support.'
- 1 Brother and sister found dead in their home are named
- 2 Why is it so difficult to buy bottled water?
- 3 Comedian Rufus Hound on the hunt for hotel in Norwich
- 4 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 5 'Music, food and motor cars': Festival set to return to Norwich
- 6 Twin Bakes sell out of treats during first pop-up sale
- 7 Parts of busy Norwich road to be shut for three days for repairs
- 8 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 9 See artist's fascinating pictures of Norwich's Castle Mall construction
- 10 Norwich pub to temporarily close this summer because of 'pingdemic'