Norwich set for Christmas carols sing-along
It is one of the highlights of the festive calendar in Norwich.
And there is still a chance for city folk to belt out some of their favourite Christmas carols later this month for the Norwich Evening News' annual Carols at Christmas service.
Finishing touches are being made to the event programme, which is sure to get people into the festive spirit on Tuesday, December 17.
The carol service at St Peter Mancroft Church is a wonderful opportunity to get together and sing all the Yuletide favourites, under the flickering glow of candlelight.
The 2013 event will also help raise funds for the Mancroft Advice Project (Map) charity, which offers guidance to young people on a range of issues such as employment, education, training, money and homelessness.
The charity celebrates its 21st anniversary this year and offers help for 11 to 25-year-olds, from advice on domestic violence to completing a college application. It also provides leaflets, advisers and free internet access.
Map, which is based at the Risebrow Centre, in Chantry Road, holds a drop-in centre Monday to Friday from 1.30pm to 5.30pm where young people can come for advice.
- 1 See inside this 'stunning' £700k family home for sale in a Norwich suburb
- 2 'Torrid time' as insurance giant Marsh quits city centre
- 3 Motorcyclist in 30s dies in three-vehicle crash on A146
- 4 Man dies after getting into difficulties in UEA Sportspark pool
- 5 Murder inquiry launched after teenager stabbed to death in Norwich
- 6 Fine dining restaurant unveils new kitchen worth £70k
- 7 Former Norwich restaurant to be transformed into £1.5m food hall
- 8 City folk overjoyed by £1.5m food hall plan in empty restaurant
- 9 Concerns over three new homes plan after six others approved in village
- 10 Mum-to-be outraged after yobs vandalise 13 cars in suburb
Tickets are selling fast for the charity carol concert. However, there is still an opportunity for people to join the festivities.
Doors open at 6pm for the Norwich Evening News Carols at Christmas, which begins at 7pm.
Asda in Norwich has generously donated 200 boxes of mince pies to be given away to singers who attend the annual carol service in St Peter Mancroft Church.
To buy tickets, which cost £5, visit the Norwich Evening News office, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich or call 01603 772175.