Norwich set for Christmas carols sing-along
It is one of the highlights of the festive calendar in Norwich.
And there is still a chance for city folk to belt out some of their favourite Christmas carols later this month for the Norwich Evening News' annual Carols at Christmas service.
Finishing touches are being made to the event programme, which is sure to get people into the festive spirit on Tuesday, December 17.
The carol service at St Peter Mancroft Church is a wonderful opportunity to get together and sing all the Yuletide favourites, under the flickering glow of candlelight.
The 2013 event will also help raise funds for the Mancroft Advice Project (Map) charity, which offers guidance to young people on a range of issues such as employment, education, training, money and homelessness.
You may also want to watch:
The charity celebrates its 21st anniversary this year and offers help for 11 to 25-year-olds, from advice on domestic violence to completing a college application. It also provides leaflets, advisers and free internet access.
Map, which is based at the Risebrow Centre, in Chantry Road, holds a drop-in centre Monday to Friday from 1.30pm to 5.30pm where young people can come for advice.
- 1 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 2 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 3 Men ran over roofs to flee police after Norwich cannabis factory raid
- 4 Why Norwich must stop Debenhams becoming city centre black hole
- 5 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 6 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 7 Langleys toy shop building for rent for £45,000 a year
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 Hopes for a summer reopening of popular park café
- 10 CCTV shows man who used stolen bank card at three Norwich stores
Tickets are selling fast for the charity carol concert. However, there is still an opportunity for people to join the festivities.
Doors open at 6pm for the Norwich Evening News Carols at Christmas, which begins at 7pm.
Asda in Norwich has generously donated 200 boxes of mince pies to be given away to singers who attend the annual carol service in St Peter Mancroft Church.
To buy tickets, which cost £5, visit the Norwich Evening News office, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich or call 01603 772175.