Norwich sees opening of new-look Barclays branch
Barclays bank entertained hundreds of city shoppers yesterday as they launched their new-look Norwich branch.
The bank hosted a day of dance and celebration with Simon Wright MP and Strictly Come Dancing Star Brendan Cole among the guests at a special ribbon cutting ceremony outside the St Stephens branch on Red Lion Street, Norwich.
The main event was held outside the forum, where top-dance acts from Norfolk and Suffolk competed in the Barclays Live Dance event.
Meanwhile, Barclays staff lined Gentleman's Walk with balloons and charity buckets to raise money for Norfolk and Norwich Family House.
Simon Wright MP said: 'It is great that Barclays is investing in the city with this new flagship branch. This is sure to bring a lot of money into the city, which can only be good news.'
You may also want to watch:
The bank created the new-look branch following a consultation with their customers to find out how they could improve their facilities.
Ann Moody, branch manager, said: 'The investment confirms our commitment to Norwich.'
- 1 Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing in Thorpe
- 2 City beer gardens heaving as lockdown eases and Norwich City promoted
- 3 Queues and tunes as life returns to city on Saturday after shops reopen
- 4 Kill the Bill protestors take to Norwich streets
- 5 Man detained under mental health act after Norwich disturbance
- 6 Two Norwich fish and chip shops named among top 50 in the country
- 7 Norwich City fans gather at Carrow Road to celebrate promotion
- 8 Eager shoppers queue for opening of 20-year-old's vintage clothing shop
- 9 NORWICH CITY ARE PROMOTED TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE
- 10 Murder victim is named as accused under armed guard in hospital