Norwich sees opening of new-look Barclays branch
Barclays bank entertained hundreds of city shoppers yesterday as they launched their new-look Norwich branch.
The bank hosted a day of dance and celebration with Simon Wright MP and Strictly Come Dancing Star Brendan Cole among the guests at a special ribbon cutting ceremony outside the St Stephens branch on Red Lion Street, Norwich.
The main event was held outside the forum, where top-dance acts from Norfolk and Suffolk competed in the Barclays Live Dance event.
Meanwhile, Barclays staff lined Gentleman's Walk with balloons and charity buckets to raise money for Norfolk and Norwich Family House.
Simon Wright MP said: 'It is great that Barclays is investing in the city with this new flagship branch. This is sure to bring a lot of money into the city, which can only be good news.'
You may also want to watch:
The bank created the new-look branch following a consultation with their customers to find out how they could improve their facilities.
Ann Moody, branch manager, said: 'The investment confirms our commitment to Norwich.'
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 4 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 5 Diversions in place on A47 near Norwich due to flooding
- 6 'Dream come true': Norwich restaurant wins national award
- 7 Norwich man wanted by police
- 8 See inside this quirky bungalow for sale near Norwich railway station
- 9 Mum's pleas to move house denied despite GP's concerns over wellbeing
- 10 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats