Norwich sees opening of new-look Barclays branch
Barclays bank entertained hundreds of city shoppers yesterday as they launched their new-look Norwich branch.
The bank hosted a day of dance and celebration with Simon Wright MP and Strictly Come Dancing Star Brendan Cole among the guests at a special ribbon cutting ceremony outside the St Stephens branch on Red Lion Street, Norwich.
The main event was held outside the forum, where top-dance acts from Norfolk and Suffolk competed in the Barclays Live Dance event.
Meanwhile, Barclays staff lined Gentleman's Walk with balloons and charity buckets to raise money for Norfolk and Norwich Family House.
Simon Wright MP said: 'It is great that Barclays is investing in the city with this new flagship branch. This is sure to bring a lot of money into the city, which can only be good news.'
You may also want to watch:
The bank created the new-look branch following a consultation with their customers to find out how they could improve their facilities.
Ann Moody, branch manager, said: 'The investment confirms our commitment to Norwich.'
- 1 Fire tears through historic Thorpe pub
- 2 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 3 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 4 Farke reveals Buendia concerns and fitness updates on Pukki and Krul after 2-1 Cardiff win
- 5 Mass coronavirus vaccination centre opens in Norwich today
- 6 Drag Race star kicks off BBC show stint with Norwich City theme
- 7 Vaccines roll-out to move on to over 70s
- 8 In photos: Norwich transformed but deserted in lockdown snowfall
- 9 Pizza and Yorkshire pudding wrap takeaway opening in Norwich
- 10 Picture quiz: How much do you know about Norwich clocks?