Norwich sees opening of new-look Barclays branch
Barclays bank entertained hundreds of city shoppers yesterday as they launched their new-look Norwich branch.
The bank hosted a day of dance and celebration with Simon Wright MP and Strictly Come Dancing Star Brendan Cole among the guests at a special ribbon cutting ceremony outside the St Stephens branch on Red Lion Street, Norwich.
The main event was held outside the forum, where top-dance acts from Norfolk and Suffolk competed in the Barclays Live Dance event.
Meanwhile, Barclays staff lined Gentleman's Walk with balloons and charity buckets to raise money for Norfolk and Norwich Family House.
Simon Wright MP said: 'It is great that Barclays is investing in the city with this new flagship branch. This is sure to bring a lot of money into the city, which can only be good news.'
You may also want to watch:
The bank created the new-look branch following a consultation with their customers to find out how they could improve their facilities.
Ann Moody, branch manager, said: 'The investment confirms our commitment to Norwich.'
- 1 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 5 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 6 'A great guy' - Tributes to much-loved City fan who travelled home and away
- 7 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 8 Hunt for man in connection with drug dealing
- 9 Perfect plaices? Three fish and chip firms go up for sale
- 10 More than a dozen arrests in Norwich on Saturday night