Norwich school children take up business challenge
Hayley MaceSchoolchildren from Norwich are among the first to have registered for a challenge which will put their business skills to the test.Millionaire businessman and television presenter Peter Jones is going to lend �20,000 of his own money to young people as part of a competition to see how much money they can make from �10 in one month.Hayley Mace
Schoolchildren from Norwich are among the first to have registered for a challenge which will put their business skills to the test.
Millionaire businessman and television presenter Peter Jones is going to lend �20,000 of his own money to young people as part of a competition to see how much money they can make from �10 in one month.
Notre Dame High School in Norwich is one of the first to have signed up for the competition and assistant headteacher Kevin McNally said it was a success with last year's team.
He said: 'It was a real hit with last year's Year 8 students. It really fired up their imaginations and inspired them to think of ways of maximising their initial ten pounds. It's a truly innovative way to teach young people that it is possible to make money and in doing so make a difference to the local community. I'm really looking forward to seeing the ideas that our Year 8 students come up with this year.'
You may also want to watch:
The competition is open to anyone under 19 and once the young people have their �10 note they have a month to come up with creative and enterprising ideas to make more money. All the loans have to be returned at the end of the competition, but participants can keep their profits to develop their business ideas or help a good cause.
Any schools and colleges wishing to take part have until February 11 to register their students by completing an application form at www.enterpriseuk.org/tenner.
- 1 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 2 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 3 Affordable, high quality retro furniture store coming to city
- 4 Audi driver more than four times over alcohol limit in Norwich
- 5 Pupils will start September term in different school over safety fears
- 6 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 7 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 8 Major £800,000 revamp proposed for busy city road
- 9 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 10 Have your say on plans for new nature reserve on edge of Norwich