Norwich school children go skipping for heart charity
School children's hearts skipped lots of beats as they raised �400 for charity in a sponsored skip.
Bignold Primary School in the city centre held the fundraiser in aid of the British Heart Foundation, a charity who rely on donations for their work on heart disease.
The year four pupils completed a circuit of eight skipping challenges, as well as individual skills, paired activities and group skipping with a longer rope.
The energetic children then competed for the most skips in a minute.
Class teacher Jess Gardner said: 'All the children were so excited about their 'Jump Off' sponsored skipping challenge.
You may also want to watch:
'We have been learning about healthy lifestyles, so the challenges were good for their hearts.
We even finished the day with a healthy picnic and games in the park to promote active lifestyles.'
- 1 Monster rats 'the size of cats' invade city - and get in via the LOO
- 2 New café serves a hundred customers in two hours on opening day
- 3 WATCH: Bus and cyclist skip red light in city
- 4 Mayhem at some petrol pumps - but how are other city garages faring?
- 5 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 6 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 7 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 8 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 9 This is where you can park for free in Norwich
- 10 Siblings slam council for 'backtracking' on council flat
In return for their efforts, the charity donated a box of skipping ropes to the school along with a book on how to stay healthy through skipping.
Almost 9,000 people in Norfolk are registered with their GPs with having coronary heart disease and last year over a thousand people died from it.
Alex Mayer, British Heart Foundation community fundraising manager for Norfolk said:
'The money raised by Bignold pupils will be used to fund pioneering research, specialist heart nurses and life saving equipment.
'Our heartfelt thanks to the pupils for raising vital funds for the British Heart Foundation by holding a skip-a-thon.'
Are you doing something amazing for charity? Contact Rosa McMahon on 01603 772495 or email email@example.com