Norwich school children go skipping for heart charity
School children's hearts skipped lots of beats as they raised �400 for charity in a sponsored skip.
Bignold Primary School in the city centre held the fundraiser in aid of the British Heart Foundation, a charity who rely on donations for their work on heart disease.
The year four pupils completed a circuit of eight skipping challenges, as well as individual skills, paired activities and group skipping with a longer rope.
The energetic children then competed for the most skips in a minute.
Class teacher Jess Gardner said: 'All the children were so excited about their 'Jump Off' sponsored skipping challenge.
'We have been learning about healthy lifestyles, so the challenges were good for their hearts.
We even finished the day with a healthy picnic and games in the park to promote active lifestyles.'
- 1 WATCH: Taxi driver throws punch as narrow street causes aggro
- 2 Roads closed as armed police and dog units swoop on Norwich home
- 3 Sign of the times: After 187 years jeweller Winsor Bishop changes name
- 4 Cannabis factory discovered in Norwich home after police raid
- 5 City garden centre launches street food nights with popular vendors
- 6 Most desirable places to live in Norwich according to estate agents
- 7 Cabbies could protest over lost £400 a month
- 8 'You owe us!': Furious holidaymakers demand compo
- 9 WATCH: Shock for drivers as car goes the wrong way on A47
- 10 'Disgusting!' Woman's fury over Simply Red toilets and access
In return for their efforts, the charity donated a box of skipping ropes to the school along with a book on how to stay healthy through skipping.
Almost 9,000 people in Norfolk are registered with their GPs with having coronary heart disease and last year over a thousand people died from it.
Alex Mayer, British Heart Foundation community fundraising manager for Norfolk said:
'The money raised by Bignold pupils will be used to fund pioneering research, specialist heart nurses and life saving equipment.
'Our heartfelt thanks to the pupils for raising vital funds for the British Heart Foundation by holding a skip-a-thon.'
Are you doing something amazing for charity? Contact Rosa McMahon on 01603 772495 or email email@example.com