Norwich Samaritans volunteer heads to Royal birthday party
- Credit: Samaritans
A Samaritans volunteer from Norwich will be donning her posh frock and shoes for the Prince of Wales' 70th birthday bash.
Marian will bring four decades of volunteering experience to Buckingham Palace garden party on Tuesday, May 22.
The party celebrates the work of charities and organisations of which the Prince of Wales is patron.
Marian is attending the prestigious party after being nominated for her commitment and dedication to volunteering by the Norwich branch.
She said: 'It has been a privilege to serve as a Samaritan for 49 years, and an honour to represent them at our Patron's palace garden party. I look forward to having a cuppa from royal china and seeing the beautiful palace gardens.'
You may also want to watch:
Samaritans volunteers will be presenting the Prince of Wales with a personalised photo gift to represent the number of calls for help Samaritans has answered since he became patron.'
- 1 Elderly man took his clothes off at Norwich park
- 2 Tributes to popular Tesco worker with 'sparkling personality'
- 3 Revealed: How much to rent former high street store
- 4 School shut after ceiling tile falls on to class of children
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Drag Race star Bimini spotted shopping in Norwich
- 7 Masterplan for 4,000-homes Colman's regeneration to go on show
- 8 Britain's poshest train came to Norwich and Ipswich and it was pure luxury
- 9 Samson and Hercules building reopens under new owners
- 10 Teen motorcyclist taken to hospital after crash with bus in Norwich