Norwich Samaritans volunteer heads to Royal birthday party
- Credit: Samaritans
A Samaritans volunteer from Norwich will be donning her posh frock and shoes for the Prince of Wales' 70th birthday bash.
Marian will bring four decades of volunteering experience to Buckingham Palace garden party on Tuesday, May 22.
The party celebrates the work of charities and organisations of which the Prince of Wales is patron.
Marian is attending the prestigious party after being nominated for her commitment and dedication to volunteering by the Norwich branch.
She said: 'It has been a privilege to serve as a Samaritan for 49 years, and an honour to represent them at our Patron's palace garden party. I look forward to having a cuppa from royal china and seeing the beautiful palace gardens.'
You may also want to watch:
Samaritans volunteers will be presenting the Prince of Wales with a personalised photo gift to represent the number of calls for help Samaritans has answered since he became patron.'
- 1 'Our lives are being destroyed': Neighbours' despair over noisy students
- 2 Pupil taken to hospital after incident at Thorpe St Andrew school
- 3 Norwich named UK's most romantic destination
- 4 'The final straw' - Bakery fears closure over council plans
- 5 City staff facing 'mass burnout' but what is behind the extreme exhaustion?
- 6 Man found dead at Thorpe St Andrew home
- 7 Fresh plans for rooftop bar on St Stephens
- 8 Petrol attack shopkeeper opens spice shop and restaurant in former pub
- 9 Women to boycott city nightclubs amid rise in drink spiking
- 10 Changes in gambling habits see city bookies shutting up shop