Norwich salon ready to pamper their way through 24-hour charity event for Breakthrough Breast Cancer
- Credit: Archant
Seeing many of his regular clients battle cancer, a Norwich hairdresser decided to use his expertise to raise money for a breast cancer charity.
For Brian Coombes, who owns Brian Coombes Hairdressing on Bedford Street, it is a cause close to his heart, and he felt he had to do something.
'My dad's wife was very sick a few years ago, thankfully she is in remission now,' he said. 'But my team and I want to raise money to help more people survive.'
From 12pm on October 19 to 12pm on October 20, anyone can go to the salon for a haircut or blow dry at no charge.
Brian said: 'All we ask is that instead of paying us, clients make a cash donation in the salon on the day to Breakthrough Breast Cancer.
You may also want to watch:
'The donation can be any amount, although we suggest a minimum of £10 if possible.'
The nail lounge above the salon will also be offering free manicures throughout the day and night.
- 1 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 2 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 3 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 4 Plans for affordable flats for rough sleepers approved despite concerns
- 5 6 best Chinese takeaways in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Carer caught on CCTV letting dog scratch vulnerable pensioner
- 8 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel
- 9 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 10 Daughters hold dad's hand one last time in emotional hospital goodbye
Aside from his family being affected by cancer, Brian has also seen the effects of treatment in his work.
'On top of the medical implications, hair loss during chemotherapy is always particularly hard for women, and many female clients over the years have come to me for advice when their hair starts to fall out and regrow,' he said.
'This is the first time we've raised money for Breakthrough Breast Cancer, but we've done bits and pieces before.
'This is the biggest we've ever done and so we're trying to get as many as people as possible to come down, every single penny will go to the charity.
'There will be four of us during the 24 hours and nobody getting paid for everyone is volunteering their services for free.'
To book, call 01603 667 999 or just turn up at any point during the 24 hours.
Is your workplace raising money for charity? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.