Norwich's tiniest cafe goes for Guinness record
Matthew SparkesA young Norwich businesswoman is hoping her caf� will be recognised as the smallest in the world in the next issue of the Guinness Book of Records.Matthew Sparkes
A young Norwich businesswoman is hoping her caf� will be recognised as the smallest in the world in the next issue of the Guinness Book of Records.
The Window on Wensum Street in Norwich was opened last month by 27-year-old owner Hayley Draper.
At the time she knew that her premises were small, but had no idea that they may be the most cramped of any caf� in the world.
Inside there is space for only five people to sit, as long as they are prepared to get cosy.
You may also want to watch:
Word of the tiny venue spread thanks to an article in the Evening News, and word eventually made its way to BBC Radio.
'Chris Evans spoke about me on Radio 2, which was awesome,' said Miss Draper.
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 Jailed in July: Drug dealing, knife crime and manslaughter
- 3 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 4 Duo launch new business inspired by Norwich coffee culture
- 5 Woman's mission to block traffic for 'car free' street party
- 6 Ex-filling station set to become kebab and pizza takeaway
- 7 'How could somebody do this?' - Clothes stolen from domestic abuse charity
- 8 Police boss speaks out after spate of shocking deaths
- 9 Lap dancing club to be allowed to stay open until 6am
- 10 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
'He said 'this is the smallest in the world, next they'll be getting the Guinness Book of Records involved',' she said.
'I thought, 'what a good idea'.'
After the mention she asked Guinness to investigate Evans' claims to see if she was actually the proprietor of a record-breaking caf�.
To her amazement, Miss Draper was told that there was a 'good chance' that she will hold the record in two weeks when the official verdict is returned.
'I would go crazy I think,' she said.
Miss Draper promised that if someone were to open an even smaller caf� she would retaliate and open an even smaller one.
Do you know of a record-breaker in Norwich? Call reporter Matthew Sparkes on 01603 772439 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.