Norwich's tiniest cafe goes for Guinness record
Matthew SparkesA young Norwich businesswoman is hoping her caf� will be recognised as the smallest in the world in the next issue of the Guinness Book of Records.Matthew Sparkes
A young Norwich businesswoman is hoping her caf� will be recognised as the smallest in the world in the next issue of the Guinness Book of Records.
The Window on Wensum Street in Norwich was opened last month by 27-year-old owner Hayley Draper.
At the time she knew that her premises were small, but had no idea that they may be the most cramped of any caf� in the world.
Inside there is space for only five people to sit, as long as they are prepared to get cosy.
You may also want to watch:
Word of the tiny venue spread thanks to an article in the Evening News, and word eventually made its way to BBC Radio.
'Chris Evans spoke about me on Radio 2, which was awesome,' said Miss Draper.
- 1 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 2 Greek chain looks set to take over former Giraffe restaurant
- 3 New pasta and cocktail bar to open in Norwich
- 4 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 5 Norwich restaurants and pubs reopening in April
- 6 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 7 £153m Western Link road delayed a third time
- 8 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 9 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 10 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
'He said 'this is the smallest in the world, next they'll be getting the Guinness Book of Records involved',' she said.
'I thought, 'what a good idea'.'
After the mention she asked Guinness to investigate Evans' claims to see if she was actually the proprietor of a record-breaking caf�.
To her amazement, Miss Draper was told that there was a 'good chance' that she will hold the record in two weeks when the official verdict is returned.
'I would go crazy I think,' she said.
Miss Draper promised that if someone were to open an even smaller caf� she would retaliate and open an even smaller one.
Do you know of a record-breaker in Norwich? Call reporter Matthew Sparkes on 01603 772439 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.