Norwich's tiniest cafe goes for Guinness record
Matthew SparkesA young Norwich businesswoman is hoping her caf� will be recognised as the smallest in the world in the next issue of the Guinness Book of Records.Matthew Sparkes
A young Norwich businesswoman is hoping her caf� will be recognised as the smallest in the world in the next issue of the Guinness Book of Records.
The Window on Wensum Street in Norwich was opened last month by 27-year-old owner Hayley Draper.
At the time she knew that her premises were small, but had no idea that they may be the most cramped of any caf� in the world.
Inside there is space for only five people to sit, as long as they are prepared to get cosy.
Word of the tiny venue spread thanks to an article in the Evening News, and word eventually made its way to BBC Radio.
'Chris Evans spoke about me on Radio 2, which was awesome,' said Miss Draper.
- 1 City folk baffled after being barricaded into their own homes
- 2 All you need to know ahead of The Killers concert at Carrow Road
- 3 Fears Spurs fans may infiltrate home end at Norwich City match
- 4 Lloyds to close bank in Norwich suburb
- 5 New Japanese bar and restaurant plans to open in Norwich next month
- 6 Do you own one of these toys which are selling for £1,000?
- 7 One-bed maisonette is up for sale in one of the coolest parts of Norwich
- 8 Man arrested after hundreds of cannabis plants seized in city
- 9 The top 7 fish and chip shops in Norwich according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Owners of taco and gourmet burger trailers open restaurant in Norwich
'He said 'this is the smallest in the world, next they'll be getting the Guinness Book of Records involved',' she said.
'I thought, 'what a good idea'.'
After the mention she asked Guinness to investigate Evans' claims to see if she was actually the proprietor of a record-breaking caf�.
To her amazement, Miss Draper was told that there was a 'good chance' that she will hold the record in two weeks when the official verdict is returned.
'I would go crazy I think,' she said.
Miss Draper promised that if someone were to open an even smaller caf� she would retaliate and open an even smaller one.
Do you know of a record-breaker in Norwich? Call reporter Matthew Sparkes on 01603 772439 or email email@example.com.