Norwich's tiniest cafe goes for Guinness record
Matthew SparkesA young Norwich businesswoman is hoping her caf� will be recognised as the smallest in the world in the next issue of the Guinness Book of Records.Matthew Sparkes
A young Norwich businesswoman is hoping her caf� will be recognised as the smallest in the world in the next issue of the Guinness Book of Records.
The Window on Wensum Street in Norwich was opened last month by 27-year-old owner Hayley Draper.
At the time she knew that her premises were small, but had no idea that they may be the most cramped of any caf� in the world.
Inside there is space for only five people to sit, as long as they are prepared to get cosy.
You may also want to watch:
Word of the tiny venue spread thanks to an article in the Evening News, and word eventually made its way to BBC Radio.
'Chris Evans spoke about me on Radio 2, which was awesome,' said Miss Draper.
- 1 Body of man in 20s found at nature reserve near Norwich
- 2 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
- 3 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 4 'Is this a wind up?' - Artist's shock as Delia buys 101 of his paintings
- 5 Large estate to have its first food store this autumn
- 6 Norfolk hit by thunderstorms and heavy hail
- 7 Sky broadband issues across Norfolk and Suffolk resolved
- 8 Watch: Woman left bleeding and bruised after e-scooter crash
- 9 Neighbours' shock as man's body found in flat weeks after he died
- 10 Shocked couple told statue used as doorstop could be worth £1m
'He said 'this is the smallest in the world, next they'll be getting the Guinness Book of Records involved',' she said.
'I thought, 'what a good idea'.'
After the mention she asked Guinness to investigate Evans' claims to see if she was actually the proprietor of a record-breaking caf�.
To her amazement, Miss Draper was told that there was a 'good chance' that she will hold the record in two weeks when the official verdict is returned.
'I would go crazy I think,' she said.
Miss Draper promised that if someone were to open an even smaller caf� she would retaliate and open an even smaller one.
Do you know of a record-breaker in Norwich? Call reporter Matthew Sparkes on 01603 772439 or email email@example.com.